MARIETTA — Washington County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports and charges on Aug 7:
* Deputy Young met with Deonta Dotson, 1366 Patten Mills Road, Cutler, regarding a lost/stolen license plate. This case remains under investigation.
* Deputy Brown responded to the Marietta Soccer Fields, River Road, Marietta, to a report of subject(s) doing damage to the parking lot. This case remains under investigation.
* Deputy J. McConnell met with Deborah Cain, 107 Race St., Marietta, regarding items taken from her home. This case remains under investigation.
* Deputy White was dispatched to 1756 Barth Road, Belpre, to a domestic dispute incident. Beth Moyers stated her brother, Paul Christopher, was acting belligerent, due to his firearms being removed from the residence by the Sheriff’s Office. Christopher advised Deputy White that he was yelling at his parents because they had his firearms removed from the home, and believed Moyers was turning his parents against him. Deputy White met with the parents and Moyers, who stated Christopher was yelling and screaming at them for having his firearms removed from the home. All three individuals stated they were in fear for their safety. Deputy White again met with Christopher. Paul Kenneth Christopher, 49, was placed under arrest for domestic violence and transported to the Washington County Jail. While being transported, Christopher continued making comments about causing harm to the victims, officials said.
* At approximately 2:19 a.m., Deputy Schwendeman responded to the Beverly Par Mar, 100 Fifth St., Beverly, in reference to a male subject stealing a 24-pack case of Bud Light beer, then fleeing the store. Video footage was viewed, showing a male subject pick up a case of beer, then walk toward the exit and run out the door toward a van. A van matching the description of the suspect vehicle was located approximately 30 minutes later.
The Morgan County Sheriff’s Office had stopped the vehicle for various traffic offenses. The driver, identified as Samuel M. Swift, was wearing clothes matching the description given and had the same physical description as the suspect in the video, officials said. Deputy Schwendeman spoke with Swift about the incident, while he was detained by Morgan County deputies. Swift agreed to speak with Deputy Schwendeman and admitted to taking the beer from the store. The beer was not located in the van, and Swift stated he threw it out the window somewhere in Morgan County. Samuel Morris Swift, 38, 5070 Joseph St., Hastings, Fla., was placed under arrest for theft and transported to the Washington County Jail.
MARIETTA –Washington County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports and charges on Aug. 8:
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
* Jared Michael Wells, 24, of 122 Tennis Center Drive, Apt. 50, Marietta, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs, a misdemeanor.
* Donald E. Mount, 27, of 108 Madison Ave., Mingo Junction, W.Va., was arrested for driving under suspension, driving with one headlight and fugitive from justice, all misdemeanors.
* Chad Robert Dixon, 42, of 1072 Leith Run Road, New Matamoras, was arrested for trafficking in drugs, aggravated possession of drugs and having weapons while under disability, all felonies.
* Tyler James Hess, 19, of 9025 State Route 676, Vincent, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Danaus Michael Rohrer, 20, of 199 Culver Run Road, Waterford, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Jeffrey Grant Wayne Powers, 29, of 411 Third St., Marietta, was arrested for receiving stolen property and contempt of court, both misdemeanors.