ATHENS — Athens County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports on Aug. 28:
* Deputies responded to the complaint of a vehicle being stolen from Cross Street in The Plains. A report was taken from the owner regarding this incident. The vehicle was entered into LEADS as stolen. This matter is under investigation.
* Deputies were advised of a driver’s license that was located on the side of the road near the Rutland Bottled Gas Building on Ohio 682. The driver’s license was collected and placed in the lost and found at the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.
* A subject came to the office to request that drug paraphernalia he located in his juvenile daughter’s bedroom be destroyed. The items were turned over to this office and no further was action taken.
* Deputies responded to Old State Route 78 in Glouster for a report of drug paraphernalia that was located. Deputies were advised by the complainant that she disposed of the drug paraphernalia in the weeds. Deputies were unable to locate the items.
* Deputies responded to Bates Road in Athens for a trespass report. The complainant stated that subjects were trespassing in the woods during the evening. He also alleged that a subject came out of the woods, threatened him, and stole a key to his vehicle. Deputies were unable to substantiate the complaint. The complainant was found to have an active arrest warrant and was transported to SEORJ on that warrant.
* Deputies were dispatched to State Route 278 outside of Nelsonville in reference to a male being out of control and damaging property inside of a residence. Deputies, along with Nelsonville Police, responded to the scene. Steven Forgoress, 40, was arrested for criminal damaging and an active warrant from Logan Police Department. Forgoress was transported to SEORJ to await arraignment.
* The Criminal Interdiction Unit conducted a traffic stop on U.S. 33 for an equipment violation. Contact was made with the driver and passengers. Deputies identified Courtney Shaffer-Estep, 26, of Chauncey, who showed five active warrants for her arrest. Deputies arrested Shaffer on her warrants for two aggravated possession of drugs, two theft without consent and one warrant for criminal mischief. The search incident of Shaffer-Estep yielded suspected crack cocaine abuse instruments that are being sent to a lab for testing. Additional charges are suspected pending the lab results.
* The Criminal Interdiction Unit received information regarding the whereabouts of a male on the Athens County most wanted. Deputies were able to make contact with the male, Daniel Hook, 28, of Chauncey, and placed him under arrest for multiple warrants. Hook was transported to SEORJ without incident.
* A resident of N. Plains Road came to the office to report a stolen wallet. The complainant further advised charges were made to their debit card and other credit cards.
* Deputies were dispatched to Rainbow Lake Road for a theft report from a job site. Deputies arrived on scene and a report was taken. This investigation is pending.
* Deputies were dispatched to a Bates Road residence in regard to the homeowner locating a syringe near their residence. The syringe was collected for destruction.
* Deputies responded to the Mineral area for a suspicious person’s complaint. The caller stated that they were not at home but could see two subjects on their porch via security cameras. On scene, deputies made contact with the two subjects. They advised that they were just knocking to use the telephone. The homeowner arrived at the residence and confirmed that no attempt at forced entry could be seen. With no criminal act able to be proven, the two subjects were issued trespass complaints at the caller’s request.