ATHENS — Reports from the Athens County Sheriff’s Office were released Aug. 9:
* A report of theft of tools from a construction site on Old U.S. 33 was received. Several items of potential evidence were collected from the crime scene to be sent to BCI for testing. This case is under investigation.
* Deputies took a report of a large amount of grass blown onto New Floodwood Road in Nelsonville. The reporting deputy attempted to contact the homeowner, but no one answered the door. The deputy left his business card for the resident owner to contact him.
* Deputies responded to Kimberly Road in Nelsonville for a possible burglary attempt. The caller stated that it appeared someone tried to pry into his garage. The date of the attempt was unknown. The caller advised they were in the process of installing cameras and would call back if more information was gained.
* Deputies took possession of a set of keys found on Fossil Rock Road. Deputies were able to determine the owner and made arrangements for them to recover their property.
* Deputies responded to Perry Ridge Road in Nelsonville for a theft report. The caller stated they returned home to find their kayak was missing from the yard. The complainant advised they had other household members they suspected and would contact deputies if additional action was needed.
* Matthew Stover, 37, of Guysville, was arrested for an active burglary warrant. Stover was transported to the regional jail without incident.
* Deputies responded to Downing Street in The Plains for a report of a theft. The case remains under investigation.
* Units responded to South Plains Road for a report of a canine running at large. The complainant stated he noticed his neighbor’s dog on his back porch. Deputies attempted to contact the canine owner, unsuccessfully. This case will be referred to the Dog Warden.