ATHENS — Athens County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports Aug. 6:
* A report of a delusional male was received for a Carpenter Road resident. Upon arriving on scene, it was determined to be a medical emergency. The male was transported to O’Bleness Hospital for treatment.
* Units responded to Pine Street in The Plains for a report of breaking and entering. The complainant stated she arrived at a storage unit to retrieve some of her property. The complainant noticed the door to the unit opened, and her belongings were missing.
* Deputies responded to Beech Road in The Plains for a reported trespasser. The complainant stated that a tenant recently evicted should be removed from the property. Deputies’ performed a trespass complaint and served the past tenant.
* A report of a suspicious person was responded to for a Mill Street resident in Chauncey. The complainant stated someone had attempted to steal his bicycle. They requested extra patrol in the area.
* The Criminal Interdiction Unit conducted a traffic stop for a suspected impaired driver. Upon making contact, deputies observed the individual to be under the influence. Ohio State Highway Patrol was contacted and determined the driver to be operating under the influence. The person was taken into custody and transported to Post 5.
* Units responded to The Plains Dollar General parking lot for a report of a male passed out behind the wheel and would not wake up. When the responding deputy made contact, the male woke up and was alert and oriented. His driver’s license was expired so the vehicle was secured, and the male was given a ride home with a friend.
* Deputies were dispatched to Salem Road for a breaking and entering complaint. Deputies arrived on scene and spoke with the complainant.
* Deputies responded to Hooper Road in Athens for a report of a dispute. Deputies spoke with the involved parties admitting to a verbal argument. Deputies were advised the female had multiple active warrants for her arrest. Lacey Wallace, 29, of Athens was arrested and transported to the Athens Police Department where she posted bond.
* Units responded to the Chauncey Park for a report of a drug overdose. Deputies arrived on scene and found an unresponsive individual. Deputies used Narcan prior to EMS arrival. The individual was transported to O’Bleness Hospital.
* Deputies responded to Perry Ridge Road for a report of criminal damaging. Witnesses and victims in the case shared information regarding an individual had attempted to run a vehicle off the roadway and apparently threw a metal pipe at the vehicle causing damage. The suspect has not been located, and a warrant for their arrest may be requested in the future.
* Deputies responded to Circle Drive in Guysville for a report of an inactive burglary. This case remains under investigation.
* Deputies were dispatched to May Avenue in Chauncey in reference to a domestic dispute. The complainant indicated that his adult son was addicted to drugs, and his behavior was creating a significant disturbance in the household. The complainant was advised to pursue eviction of the male, as he was a resident of the home.
* Deputies responded to Perry Ridge Road in reference to a complaint of telephone harassment. It was determined a single unwanted, non-threatening text had been sent by her ex-boyfriend/children’s father. The complainant stated in the previous days there had been multiple incidents involving her ex-boyfriend that were bizarre and upsetting. Area was patrolled, but no contact was made.
* Deputies were called to Roy Avenue in The Plains for a patrol request. The caller advised that while taking his dog outside, his dog started barking at someone. When the male walked around the vehicle someone sprayed him with pepper spray. The complainant advised that he did not need medical treatment and he did not get a description of the subject. Units patrolled the area with negative contact.
* Units responded to Jerry’s Sports Bar parking lot in Jacksonville for a report of two individuals in a black vehicle possibly abusing drugs. The responding deputy contacted the individuals in the vehicle. One occupant was covered in open sores, consistent with methamphetamine use. They opened the driver side door due to the window not being able to roll down and a hypodermic needle was seen in plain sight by the deputy. As another unit arrived, both subjects were removed from the vehicle.
Another needle and tourniquet were allegedly found on the passenger side as well as a zip up black case (containing drug paraphernalia). Due to the SEORJ being at capacity for both males and females, the two suspects, Matthew Webb, 42, of Hilliard and Heather Howdyshell, 35, of New Straitsville, were served with two charges of drug paraphernalia possession. Contents of the black zip up case will be sent to BCI for testing.
* Units responded to Circle Drive in Guysville in reference to a subject beating the ground with a stick. Upon arrival, deputies contacted the subject who admitted to being under the influence of methamphetamines and was beating the snakes that were all over the ground. There were no snakes invading the ground as he indicated. The subject was transported to O’Bleness Hospital for an evaluation.
* Deputies took a theft of medication report from a Mill Street resident in Coolville. The resident advised a female subject had taken his prescription medication of Suboxone. The case is under investigation.
* Deputies responded to State Route 144 in Stewart for a report of a trespasser. The complainant said he wished to have individuals not trespass on his property. Deputies contacted the individuals and served them with a trespass complaint.
* Units responded to the Stewart Public Park for a follow up. Deputies made contact with a person who was involved in the case and observed a male lying face down on the ground. Deputies could smell an alcoholic odor coming from his person. Deputies placed the male under arrest for disorderly conduct by intoxication. Randall Torrence, 19, of Guysville, was arrested and transported to the SEORJ.
* Units responded to Rowley Lane in Coolville for a report of a property damage. The complainant stated her neighbor had cut down her mailbox. This case remains under investigation.
ATHENS –Athens County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports and charges on Aug. 7:
* The Criminal Interdiction Unit conducted a traffic stop for a moving violation on Monroe Street in Chauncey. Criminal behaviors were observed, and the driver confirmed that illegal narcotics would be found in their purse. Deputies searched and recovered suspected heroin and schedule III prescription pills. A passenger also had an amount of marijuana hidden inside his waistband. Additional charges are expected pending lab results.
* The Criminal Interdiction Unit conducted a traffic stop of a male who has a suspended license. While speaking with the driver, it was advised they were in possession of illegal drugs. A search of the vehicle yielded suspected heroin and drug abuse instruments. Additional charges are expected pending lab results.
* The Criminal Interdiction Unit conducted a traffic stop in The Plains for a traffic violation. Upon contact with the occupants of the vehicle, criminal indicators were observed. Through the investigation, suspected heroin was located. The contraband was seized as evidence; charges are expected.
* Deputies were dispatched to Happy Valley Trailer Park on Baker Road regarding a breaking and entering. The caller reported that her laptop computer and a ring were stolen from the residence.
* A State Route 78 resident contacted the sheriff’s office reporting a battery was stolen from her ATV.
* Deputies took a report of a burglary from a Circle Drive resident in Guysville. After interviewing multiple witnesses, deputies determined the incident involved a household member.
* Deputies spoke with a Main Street resident in Chauncey regarding telephone harassment. The caller stated that someone from a blocked number was calling and harassing him with vague threats. They were unaware of who the threats were coming from. The caller was advised to stop answering the calls and contact the sheriff’s office if new information regarding the identity of the caller was gained.
* Deputies responded to Converse Street in Chauncey to collect found medication. The caller advised they found a small bag containing an old prescription pill bottle with pills in it. The name on the label could not be read as it was rubbed off. The items were collected for destruction.
* Deputies were dispatched to Beech Road for a report of someone staying in a vacant trailer. Upon arrival deputies located items of clothing and drug paraphernalia. The drug paraphernalia was collected for destruction and the owner was advised he could discard the remaining items.
* Deputies observed a vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed on U.S. 33 near The Plains. Deputies conducted a traffic stop on the vehicle and issued a citation for speed.