ATHENS — Athens County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports on July 24:
* A domestic dispute was reported for Main Street in Millfield. Deputies contacted the complainant indicating he had been attacked by his spouse. There were no visible injuries or witnesses to support the claim of an assault happening, officials said. The complainant listed a multitude of alleged grievances against his wife and based on his statement, there is disrespect and mistreatment happening in the relationship, but none of those complaints were criminal in nature, officials said. The complainant requested deputies to assist him in “kicking his wife out;” it was explained that deputies could not become involved in the civil matter. Deputies were then requested to leave the residence.
* Deputies received a walk-in report of threatening text messages. Deputies are attempting to make contact with the threatening party.
ATHENS — Athens County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports on July 25:
* Deputies responded to a theft complaint from the Chauncey Marathon. A statement was taken from the complainant regarding the incident, and units patrolled for the suspect. This matter is under investigation.
* A report of criminal damaging to a vehicle was responded to on High School Road in The Plains. An unsuccessful attempt to cut a catalytic converter from a vehicle parked on school grounds was made.
* Deputies received a report of numerous vehicles parked on the roadside restricting traffic. Deputies found the vehicles to be parked in the grass and advised the vehicle owners to make sure to keep them off the pavement.
* A domestic dispute was reported from a Diamond Brick Road address. Deputies established probable cause to charge one of the involved parties with domestic violence.
* A report of stolen coins from a Sand Ridge Road residence in Millfield was received. The case is under investigation.
ATHENS — Athens County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports on July 26:
* A subject in mental distress was reported from a Brimstone Road residence in Coolville. Deputies were able to determine the subject met the criteria for a mental evaluation. Deputies transported the individual to O’Bleness Hospital for an evaluation.
* A report of criminal damaging to a vehicle was received from a Chase Road residence in Albany. The victim advised his intoxicated ex-girlfriend was at his residence in the early morning hours. Units had been called to his address twice in the night, so he feels confident of the suspect. The case is under investigation.
* A report of threatening text messages was received from a Main Street address in Chauncey. Deputies arrived on scene and a report was taken.
* A Congress Run Road resident reported having problems with people recording her. This situation has been an ongoing dispute between the two neighbors regarding alleged “squatting.” The caller stated she was in the process of trying to move and wanted them to leave her alone. She was advised it wasn’t illegal for them to record or take pictures as long as they weren’t trespassing to do so. She was advised to ignore them until she was able to move.
* Deputies spoke to a complainant on the phone regarding reports of additional harassment from an individual she has been dealing with. The caller reported the subject in question has been screaming from her vehicle while driving on Route 50. The caller felt the subject was trying to run her off the road.
* Deputies responded to High Street in Chauncey for a reported suicidal subject. Based on the statements the subject had made, deputies transported them to O’Bleness Hospital for an evaluation.