ATHENS — Athens County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports on July 5:
* Deputies found a tree over the roadway on State Route 690 near Thompson Ridge. ODOT and OSP were contacted for traffic and removal.
* Units responded to South Blackburn Road for a disorderly male. Deputies spoke with the suspect’s case worker from Hopewell and determined the suspect needed to be evaluated.
* Deputies responded to North Peach Ridge Road for a suspicious person complaint. The caller stated that he returned home to find two women approximately 20-30 years old standing in his driveway next to their vehicle. When asked why they were there, the women told him they were looking for an address that was supposed to have a car for sale. The women then got into a beat up PT Cruiser and drove away. The caller wished to report the incident in case the women were later involved in criminal activity in the area.
* Units responded to South Blackburn Road for a report of threats. Deputies took a report and provided the victim with resources to process a protection order.
* Units responded to Lexington Avenue in Chauncey for a report of individuals setting off fireworks in the middle of the street. Deputies were able to locate the individuals, who admitted to setting off the fireworks. After warning them not to continue launching the fireworks, deputies returned to patrol.
* Deputies responded to Mace Drive in Albany in reference to threats and harassment over the phone. A written statement was obtained from the complainant regarding the incident. This is an ongoing issue related to a pending separation / child custody dispute. The victim is in contact with the victim advocate, regarding this situation.
* Deputies responded to a possible drug overdose on High Street in Chauncey. Upon arrival, the subject was coherent and transported to O’Bleness Hospital for treatment.
* Units were dispatched to Pine Street in The Plains for a dispute. Deputies arrived on scene and spoke with the involved parties. Deputies transported one female to O’Bleness Hospital for an evaluation.
* Deputies took a report of a stolen lawn mower from State Route 681 in Albany. The complainant advised that a local man was dismantling an old barn that was falling and was given permission by them to scrap it. They also advised that the male offered to fix their riding lawn mower and took the mower but never returned it. They said they attempted to contact him several times to get the mower back, but he refuses to return their call. This case is under investigation.
* Units responded to Evergreen Estates on East Fourth Street in The Plains for a report of a child found by herself walking in the roadway, wearing only a diaper. A pedestrian nearby took custody of the child until deputies arrived. The complainant advised she did not know the mother nor where the child came from. Deputies went door to door in the apartment complex and were able to locate the correct apartment and contacted the child’s parents. They were in the process of looking for the child. The child was returned to the parents and the case was referred to Children’s Services for further review.
* Deputies responded to South Poplar Drive in Glouster for a reported theft. The suspect, who is a relative, was contacted and told not to come back to the property or charges would be filed.
* Deputies took a report of an inactive burglary from a Hooper Ridge Road residence. Multiple items were taken from the home and the case is under investigation.
* Units responded to a duplex on Setty Road in Albany for a report of a neighbor dispute regarding a loose dog. Deputies contacted the neighbors who explained a small terrier dog was loose on the property and barking at one neighbor. Both neighbors advised that a gun was fired due to the issue. The owner of the dog was advised to keep the dog on a leash and the individual who fired the handgun was warned to refrain from fire. The case was referred to the dog warden.
* Deputies were dispatched to Brimstone Road for a report of an injured female in the woods. Deputies spoke with the complainant and discovered that there was no injured female. The complainant was suffering from a mental illness. Deputies transported the subject to O’Bleness Hospital for an evaluation.
* Deputies took a report of an individual trespassing on private property. Deputies made contact with the individual and warned him not to return to the property.
* Deputies took a report of a theft of medication from a car at Movies 10. This case is under further investigation.
* Units responded to Rockcamp Road in New Marshfield for a report of an abandoned vehicle. Deputies tagged the vehicle for removal, as well as made contact with the owner of the vehicle.
* Units responded to State Route 13 in Glouster for a reported theft of a dog. Deputies checked a nearby address for a possible suspect but were unable to make contact at that time. This incident is under further investigation.
* Deputies responded to Dutch Ridge Road in Guysville for a report of trespassers. The complainant stated that someone was on her property around her horse barn. Deputies walked the property, unsuccessful in locating anyone on the property. Deputies attempted to make contact with complainant several times at the residence and were unsuccessful in making contact.