MARIETTA — Washington County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports on June 26:
* Deputy Brown began an investigation into a scam.
* Lt. Hunter began an investigation in reference to identity fraud/theft.
* Sgt. Parks was dispatched to 8615 State Route 821, Lower Salem, in reference to Shawn Souther calling for help. Deputies responded and located Souther on the back porch of the residence. At that time Souther stated that he was on the porch when Daniel Adams came outside and pointed a black .38-caliber handgun at him. Souther was in fear that Adams was going to shoot him. Attempts at the Adams residence were made; however, no one would come to the door. A short time later Adams did speak with deputies; however, he denied pointing a gun at Souther. Adams stated his handgun was in his vehicle; however, in speaking with other individuals, the handgun was found inside the residence, near where Adams would have access. Daniel Benson Adams, 69, was placed under arrest and charged with aggravated menacing. Adams was transported to the Washington County Jail.
* Deputy White responded to storage buildings on SR 555, Bartlett, Ohio, that had been broken into. This case remains under investigation.
The following subjects were processed into the Washington County Jail June 25 and 26:
* Robert Edward Carpenter Jr., 19, homeless, criminal damaging and theft, both misdemeanors.
* Jacob Joseph Huck, 26, 101 Groves Ave., Marietta, probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Derek Eugen Petry, 39, 260 Mechanic St., Macksburg, aggravated trafficking in drugs, a felony.