ATHENS — Athens County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports on May 16:
* The Criminal Interdiction Unit was dispatched to Monserat Ridge Road for a fight in progress. Deputies observed a male fitting the description of Johnny McDaniel flee the scene on foot. Deputies were advised McDaniel, 50, of Zanesville, had a warrant for his arrest and pursued on foot. McDaniel was apprehended after a short distance and detained. He was later transported to SEORJ without further incident.
* The Sheriff’s Office responded to Dowler Ridge Road in New Marshfield for a possible burglary. Further information was gathered and deputies determined the suspect had worked for the homeowner and they no longer needed him. The suspect had been told not to return; however, he continues to show up asking for money and work. Once the suspect is located a trespass complaint will be issued.
* The Sheriff’s Office responded to Franklin Street in Amesville to meet with a Frontier employee. The employee reported an angry male got into his company van and moved it approximately 50 feet from its location because he felt it was parked too close to an intersection. The employee reported he wasn’t blocking the view of oncoming traffic and was unclear of the suspect’s concern and attitude.
* The Sheriff’s Office responded to Sycamore Street in Chauncey in reference to a homeowner advising of a loose dog on her property having no collar or tags. Upon arrival deputies were able to collect the dog and transport it to the Athens County Dog Shelter for retrieval.
* The Sheriff’s Office arrested Willard Hart Jr., 38, of Chauncey, for an active warrant. Units had initially responded to Jacobs Avenue in Chauncey for a dispute between Hart and his mother.
* The Sheriff’s Office responded to The Plains for a disorderly male. Deputies determined the male was not intoxicated but suffered from mental issues. Deputies transported the male to a friend’s residence.
* The Sheriff’s Office responded to Spreading Oaks Village for a report of a death. The Athens County Coroner’s Office determined the death was from natural causes.
* The Sheriff’s Office responded to Pleasanton Road for a suspicious person walking on the roadway. The subject was identified as Marvin McDonald, 28, of Athens, having an active warrant. Deputies confirmed the warrant and arrested McDonald and transported him to the SEORJ.
* The Sheriff’s Office responded to The Plains for a report of a vicious dog. The caller reported the neighbor’s dog got away from them and attacked their dog while it was tied up on their porch. The incident will be forwarded to the Athens County Dog Warden for further review.
* The Sheriff’s Office responded to Center Street in Athens for a property damage report. The caller reported they returned home to find the side window of their vehicle broken. Deputies met with the complainant and a report was filed. The caller suspected it was a result of a lawn mower. He advised he would be contacting his landlord regarding the issue.