MARIETTA — On July 26 the following reports were released by Washington County Sheriff’s Department:
* Barbara Sobie, 2060 Kohl Road, Whipple, reported to Deputy Jones her residence being forcibly entered. This case remains under investigation.
* Lt. Gherke and Deputy Zide responded to 101 Evans St., Apt. C17, New Matamoras, regarding Richard K. Knowlton reporting he was assaulted by his son, Jerran K. Knowlton. After speaking with Richard and Jerran, it was determined there was a verbal argument turned physical. Based on the information received Jerran K. Knowlton, 38, was placed under arrest and charged with domestic violence. Knowlton was transported to the Washington County Jail.
* Deputy Zide received a counterfeit $100 bill from the Par Mar in Beverly. This case remains under investigation.
* Deputy Zide responded to Killwell Run Road, Marietta, in reference to a resident advising there was a male subject on his porch asking for a ride. While en route Zide encountered a male walking on Caywood Road, later identified as Jeremiah Helmick. Zide talked with Helmick, and discovered he was in the area joy riding with friends. Helmick exited the vehicle and began walking, eventually asking the resident on Killwell Road for a ride, before proceeding down Caywood Road. Helmick was patted down for weapons, and police found an odd shaped item in his pocket. Helmick was asked what the item was with him, stating it was a light bulb, and he used the light bulb to smoke meth. Jeremiah Benson Helmick, 22, 594 Crane Camp Road, Walkersville, W.Va., was placed under arrest for drug possession and transported to the Washington County Jail.
The following subjects were processed into the Washington County Jail Wednesday and Thursday:
* Sarah Marie Lightner, 36, 693 Wynncrest, Fleming, Ohio, for theft, a misdemeanor.
* Izaak Noah Morris, 21, 819 34th St., Vienna, for four counts of theft, felonies.
* James Matthew Bunner, 36, 16640 Thompson Ridge Road, Athens, for receiving stolen property and contempt of court, both misdemeanors.
* Ariana Elaine Wilson, 24, 29 Rhoda Court, Akron, for driving under suspension, a misdemeanor.
* John William Dearing, 39, 717 Greene St., Apt. D, Marietta, for parole violation, a felony.
* Dustin John Nesdore, 33, 10183 Oakwood St., Byesville, for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Gary Dean Beagle Jr., 33, 1208 Park Ave., New Matamoras, for aggravated menacing, a misdemeanor.
* Casey Troy Carpenter, 22, 970 Dixon Ridge Road, Lowell, for failure to register a dog, a misdemeanor.
* Gary Lee Jackson Jr., 36, 300 Phillips St., Marietta, for failure to appear, a misdemeanor.
* Robert Gregory Collins, 36, 2403 Hanvey Ave., Apt. 2, Belpre, two counts driving under the influence of alcohol, two counts of possession of drugs, possession of drug abuse instruments, possession of drug paraphernalia and turn and stop signals, all misdemeanors.
* Anthony Trent Hill, 29, 1154 Patten Mills Road, Bartlett, for failure to appear, probation violation, both felonies, and possession of drugs and criminal damaging or endangering, both misdemeanors.
* Norman William Marks, 54, 7217 Frost Road, Coolville, for failure to display plates, improper lane change and suspension, all misdemeanors.
MARIETTA — The Washington County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports July 27:
* On July 5, Deputy H. Tornes responded to 1023 Third Street, Marietta, in reference to a postal carrier being chased by a dog that jumped the gate from this residence. Tornes arrived and was met at the door by Russell Burkhammer, and three large Pitbull dogs, that ran out of the residence and onto the porch. The dogs were photographed for identification purposes. Burkhammer was advised of the incident with the postal carrier and stated he was gone from the residence for a short time, around the time this occurred, and let the dogs gated on the porch and they were on his porch when he returned. Tornes will be requesting a summons be issued to Russell Burkhammer, 45, for failing to restrain his dog.
* On July 20, Deputy H. Tornes responded to Pennock Drive, Beverly, where she observed a Boxer and a Boston Terrier tied up on the property. These dogs belong to Christopher Moore and Courtney Brown. Tornes attempted to verify the registration, finding these dogs had not been registered. The two dogs were transported to the Humane Society of the Ohio Valley. A summons is being requested through Marietta Municipal Court for Christopher Moore, 42, 301 Pennock Drive, Beverly, for failing to register the two dogs.
* On July 21, Shane Hardie’s brindle and white Pitbull dog was inside his residence at 120 Ward Street, Marietta. Hardie did not have the dog restrained, and the entry door to the residence was standing open. Hardie’s dog observed a neighbor’s Chihuahua dog running loose in another yard and chased after it. Hardie’s dog attacked and killed the Chihuahua and then carried the dog’s body off into another area. Hardie’s dog is being designated as a dangerous animal and a summons is being requested for Shane Hardie for failing to restrain his dog.
* On July 25, Deputy Johnson observed a traffic violation and upon making a traffic stop on U.S. 50, Belpre Township, requested assistance from the Belpre Police Department’s K-9 unit. The K-9 indicated on the passenger side of the vehicle and a search of the vehicle revealed Lucas Haynes had a small amount of marijuana. Haynes admitted the marijuana belonged to him. A summons will be requested for Lucas Haynes, 108 Colonial Square, Apt. E, Belpre, for possession of marijuana. The driver, Nathan Scott Ball, 607 7th Street, Parkersburg, was issued a citation for speed, 65 mph in a 50 mph zone.
* On July 25, Deputy A. McConnell responded to Salem Township in reference to a missing 12 gauge Mossberg shotgun that had been left for mailing. This case remains under investigation.
* On July 25, Deputy Schwendeman issued a citation for no operator’s license to Candace Jeffers Larochelle, 1535 W 32nd Street, Cleveland.
* On July 25, Deputy Johnson issued a citation for speed, 78 mph in a 60 mph zone, to Lindsey E. Henry, 1002 Greenhill Road, Marietta.
* On July 26, Deputy Parks responded to 587 Morris Loop Road, Marietta, and upon exiting her patrol vehicle was bitten by Sheena Kidd’s unrestrained dog. Parks summoned Kidd to retrieve her dog, which had been barking and growling while approaching Parks. Sgt. McGilton has designated this dog as a dangerous dog and a summons will be requested for Kidd for failing to restrain.
* On July 26, Deputy A. McConnell was at 1154 Patten Mills Road, Cutler, to arrest Anthony T. Hill on an outstanding warrant. Hill was located and after placing Hill under arrest and conducting a patdown a pack of cigarettes were found to contain a baggie of suspected methamphetamine. Hill advised it was meth. Anthony T. Hill, 29, was placed under arrest for possession of drugs, a fifth-degree felony. Hill was also arrested on the warrant for criminal damaging and a warrant from Morgan County for absconding from parole. Hill was transported to the Washington County Jail.
* On July 26, Deputy Schwendeman issued a citation for speed, 77 mph in a 60 mph zone, to Leah M. Thomas, 45212 Baum Addition Road, Pomeroy.
The following warrants were recently processed at the Washington County Sheriff’s Office:
* Hunter D. Brandt, 585 Browns Road, Marietta, for probation violation. Original charge was driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs.
* Deane Beck, 111 W. Montgomery Street, Marietta, for probation violation. Original charge was possession of drugs.
* Nathan J. Fields, 601 46th Street, Vienna, for failure to appear. Original charge was driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs.
* James D. Rhodes, 425 County House Lane, Marietta, for failure to register dogs.
* Eric D. Yancey, 22279 McGill Road, Guysville, for probation violation. Original charge was receiving stolen property.
* Andrew Lee McCarty, 125 Hickory Street, Lower Salem, for failure to appear. Original charge was breach of recognizance.
* Aaron R. Hinkle, 1408 Spring Street, Parkersburg, for two counts of forgery.
* Stephen D. Perrine, 122 Franklin Street, Marietta, for failure to appear.
* Kristal Mullins-Manns, 1241 Griffin Drive, Charleston, for two counts of possession of marijuana drug paraphernalia.
* Delbert D. Cain, 100 Simpson Street, Marietta, for failure to appear.
* Lisa M. Bartlett, 2650 Moss Run Road, Marietta, for two counts of failure to appear. Original charge was illegal manufacture of drugs.
* Ashley N. Moore, 111 W. Montgomery Street, Marietta, for failure to appear. Original charge was failure to confine or restrain a dog.
* Nathan J. Fields, 601 46th Street, Vienna, for two counts of failure to appear. Original charges were breach of recognizance and possession of drugs.
The following subjects were processed into the Washington County Jail between Thursday and Friday:
* Ashley Jean Robinson, 34, 240 Rosemar Heights, Parkersburg, for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Heather Lee Wagner, 43, Linwood Street, Marietta, for drug paraphernalia and possession of drugs, misdemeanors.