On the Record
PARKERSBURG — On March 14 the Wood County Magistrate Court released the following reports:
* Evan Nathaniel Lynch, 18, 7675 Ohio 339, Vincent, pleaded no contest to a no seat belt citation and was assessed a $25 fine.
* Leslie Ann Reynolds, 54, 1311 Highland Ave., Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to citation for driving on a suspended or revoked license for DUI and was assessed $260.25 in fines and court fees.
* Timothy P. Battin, 48, 212 Champion School Road, Belleville, pleaded guilty to a charge of driving a vehicle in an impaired state and was assessed $335.25 in fines and court fees.
* Brianna Marie Bland, 21, 719 Old River Road, Williamstown, pleaded guilty to a shoplifting charge and was assessed $170.25 in fines and court fees.
* Joseph C. Cox, 27, 49 Park Drive, Washington, W.Va., pleaded guilty to an improper registration charge and was assessed $170.25 in fines and court fees.
* Denzil W. Dowler, 32, 3850 Central Ave., Apt, 6, Parkersburg, was arraigned on an obstructing an officer charge and was released on a $1,000 surety bond.
* Megan Ann Abrahamson, also known as Megan Ann Fahey, 26, 405 N. Meadowlark Drive, Williamstown, was arraigned on a shoplifting charge and was released on a $500 personal recognizance bond.
* Caylin Richelle Greathouse, 19, 2600 Beech St., Parkersburg, was arraigned on a charge of possession of marijuana and expired registration and was released on a $500 surety bond.
* Tyler Brant Sands, 20, 98 Williams Highway, Parkersburg, was arraigned on a charge of possession of a controlled substance, marijuana, and was released on a $1,000 personal recognizance bond.
* Charles G. Fischer, 40, 1703 Andrews St., Parkersburg, was arraigned on two charges of failure to register or provide notice of registration changes as a sex offender and is in custody in lieu of a $20,000 surety bond.
* Peggy Sue Welch, 58, 67 Nicholson Lane, Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to a charge of failure to stop or yield and was assessed $165.25 in fines and court fees.
* David Holly Harper, 48, 199 Central City Drive, Parkersburg, was arraigned on charges of second-offense DUI and driving on a suspended or revoked license for DUI and was released on a $3,000 bond.
PARKERSBURG — On March 14 the Wood County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports:
* A deputy responded to the magistrate court for a female in the courtroom with an active warrant from Pleasants County. Melissa Jean Cook, 40, of High Knob Road, Mineral Wells, was served the warrant for false pretense. She was processed then arraigned.
* Matthew Scott Moore, 23, of Rolling Hills Court, turned himself in on an active warrant for no insurance. He was processed then arraigned where he posted his bond and was released.
* Chester Francis Starkey, 69, of Cedar Lane, Mineral Wells, was taken into custody at the Wood County Justice Center on an active warrant for sexual abuse. He was processed then arraigned where bond was set at $12,500 surety, posted bond and was released.
* Deputies responded to the Holiday Inn in Mineral Wells for a domestic disturbance. Upon arrival contact was made with the occupants of the room who advised there were no issues. A local check showed an active warrant for Scott Charles Baker II, 23, of Fifth Street. He was transported to magistrate court for arraignment where he chose to plea to the charge.
* Randy Dale Vore, 27, of Avery Street, was arrested on an active warrant for petit larceny and possession of a controlled substance.
* Deputies responded to Elizabeth Pike for a two-vehicle accident. A citation was issued to Edloe Barber Bryant, 75, of Road Run Road, Elizabeth, for no proof of insurance and passing in a no passing zone.
* Dashan Anthony Barber was issued a citation for unsafe, improperly equipped vehicle and possession of less than 15 grams of marijuana.
* April Ellis (Mounts), 38, of Meadowbrook Acres, was arrested on an active capias for shoplifting and obstructing; she was arraigned before a magistrate and released on a personal recognizance bond. The capias was issued through Vienna Police Department.
* A citation was issued to Dewey William Hall Jr., 43, of Love Hill Road, Waverly, for driving on suspended license and no insurance.
* A citation was issued to Betty Irene Eagle, 67, of Bargelough Avenue, Mineral Wells, for seatbelt violation and an expired motor vehicle inspection ticket and no insurance.
* A citation was issued to Misty Blue Barker, 39, of Mineral Park Lane, for seatbelt violation.
* Deputies responded to Sherwood Forest Drive for a warrant service. Brian Mathew Fox, 44, of Sherwood Forest Drive, was taken into custody on charges of driving on suspended license. He was transported to the holding center for processing and confined.
* A citation was issued to David E. Parsons, 50, of California Ridge Road, Belleville, for seatbelt violation and no child restraint.
* A citation was issued to Iona June Cain, 84, of Harris Highway, for a seatbelt violation.
* A citation was issued to Lacey D. Dulaney,20, of Captain Ames Drive, for speeding, 82 mph in a 65 mph zone.
* A deputy observed a vehicle at the intersection of Dutch Ridge Road and U.S. 50 which had sat there for several minutes with its blinker on. Said vehicle then came straight across both lanes of U.S. 50 toward Red Hill Road. After observing the unsafe operation the deputy initiated lights and siren and as the deputy rounded the bend the vehicle had already struck a guardrail and the vehicle was stuck on one of the supports and was trying to back up spinning the tires. David Tyler McDaniel, 20, of Cokeley Drive, was arrested on a charge of fleeing DUI.
* A citation was issued to Alexis Dawn Montgomery, 26, of Berry Patch Lane, for possession of less than 15 grams of marijuana.
* A traffic stop was conducted after a vehicle was observed to be traveling well below the posted speed limit and drifting across the fog line. Upon contact with the driver the deputy detected the odor of an alcoholic beverage emitting from his breath. Benjamin Andrew Stone, 36, of Federal Road, Little Hocking, Ohio, was arrested on a charge of DUI.
* A citation was issued to Victoria Lynn Hendershot, 19, of Second Street, Beverly, Ohio, for no insurance.
* A citation was issued to Jason Ryan Dickel, 36, of Eli Locust Road, for a seatbelt violation and driving on a suspended or revoked license.
* A deputy observed a vehicle sitting at an intersection for a few minutes and upon getting close to the vehicle the deputy observed a person inside slumped over. With the doors locked the deputy beat on the window which got the driver’s attention and the window was rolled down. The driver stated no drugs were inside and gave consent to search. The deputy located a marijuana pipe lying in the seat next to the driver. A citation was issued to David Steve Deak II, 26, of Pike Road, Ellenboro, for no seatbelt and possession of less than 15 grams of marijuana.
* A citation was issued to James E. Arnold, 43, of Hill Avenue for speeding, 74 mph in a 65 mph zone.
* A citation was issued to Melinda Sue Ashby, 45, of Beverly Street, Elizabeth, for seatbelt violation.
* A citation was issued to Ross Charles Wingrove, 58, of 19th Street, for no motor vehicle inspection and expired registration.
* A deputy responded to Greenbrier Avenue in Boaz for a stolen license plate. The complainant reported an unknown person or persons removed his license plate from his vehicle. The plate has been entered in NCIC and the investigation is ongoing.
* A deputy responded to the justice center for female wishing to turn herself in on an active warrant. Megan Anne Abrahamson, 26, of North Meadowlark Drive, had an active warrant under the name of Megan Fahey for shoplifting issued through the Parkersburg Police Department. She was processed and placed in the holding center pending her arraignment.
* A deputy responded to magistrate court and took Brent James Harman, 41, of Meadville Road, into custody for a capias issued through the Wood County Magistrate Court. He was processed and arraigned before a magistrate and released on a $3,000 bond.
MARIETTA — The Washington County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports March 13:
* On March 9, a deputy completed a private property accident report for Bill Boswell, 800 Sheets Run Road, Marietta. Boswell’s vehicle was parked at 21740 State Route 676, and it appears that an unknown subject struck the 2003 Mitsubishi with a car door and then left the area.
* On March 10, a Marietta Township resident reported being scammed out of approximately $380 for a processing fee for a vehicle that he had won.
* On March 10, a deputy responded to Adams Township in reference to an unruly child. The child and father had become involved in arguing over grades in which the juvenile began cursing at the parents and would not do as the father asked. A summons is being requested for the 15-year-old through Washington County Juvenile Court for a charge of unruly.
* On March 11, a deputy was patrolling the area of Newport Township when he observed a vehicle bearing a West Virginia license driving at a slow speed, well below the posted limit. The deputy followed the vehicle and observed the driver cross the center and edge lines multiple times, drifting into oncoming traffic at one point. A traffic stop was conducted on State Route 7, Newport, finding the driver to be a 17-year-old male. The deputy detected the odor of an intoxicating beverage emitting from the vehicle and detected the driver had slurred speech and bloodshot eyes.
The driver was asked if he had drank any alcoholic beverage, to which he denied consuming any. The driver was asked to exit the vehicle, in which the deputy could still smell the odor of an alcoholic beverage on or about his person. The driver consented to field tests in which he then admitted to drinking earlier in the night. The driver was transported to the Ohio State Highway Patrol Post 84 where he submitted to a breath test, with the results being 0.121 percent BAC. The juvenile was charged with OVI, marked lanes and underage consumption. The juvenile was transported to the Washington County Sheriff’s Office and waited for the arrival of his parents.
* On March 11, a Muskingum Township resident reported her debit/credit card was compromised in the amount of $32.
* On March 11, Charlotte L. Ponchak, 906 Flint Run Road, Waterford, and Robert G. Foreman, 833 Flint Run Road, Waterford, reported damage to their vehicles.
* On March 11, a deputy was dispatched to 22755 SR 339, to meet with Helen D. Tyson, SR 339, Beverly. Tyson stated that Joshua K. Anderson came to her place of work, Turner’s One Stop Shop, and verbally threatened her. Tyson stated that Anderson became rude with her when she told him she would be with him in a minute. Tyson reportedly threatened her using derogatory language. Anderson told Tyson she should quit her job or he would be back to “deal with her” and that she had 10 minutes to leave her job and not come back or he would kill her, officials said.
Anderson then left the business and returned later through restaurant side of the building which placed him behind the counter where Tyson was working. Anderson again confronted Tyson and told her that she could call whoever she wanted because he would “be back to get her” and that he was going to follow her home. A warrant is being requested for Joshua Kevin Anderson, 31, last known address of 1954 State Route 83, Beverly, for a charge of aggravated menacing.
* On March 12, deputies responded to the Reno area to a report that a woman was wandering in and out of traffic wearing a dress and high heels. The female was located by deputies and was crying and upset. The female advised that she had been with her boyfriend and had been out drinking at a couple of locations. She stated they had gotten into an argument in which the boyfriend pushed her; however, she in turn threw a shoe at him. Both subjects refused to cooperate fully in reference to any charges being filed.
* On March 12, deputies along with the Devola Volunteer Squad responded to an unresponsive female. This case remains under investigation.
The following suspects were processed into the Washington County Jail between Saturday and Monday:
* Keith Bradley Edwards, 20, 336 Ferry St., Clarington, Ohio, on a warrant for probation violation, a misdemeanor. Edwards was arrested by the Washington County Sheriff’s Office and processed into the Washington County Jail on March 11 at 8:46 p.m.
* Stephaine Ann Sheppard, 49, 22197 Dayon Way, Demascus, Va.,, for OVI and traffic control device violation, both misdemeanors. Sheppard was arrested on Third Street in Marietta by the Ohio State Highway Patrol and processed into the Washington County Jail on March 12 at 1:51 a.m.
* Levi Michael Kuhn, 23, 1328 Lancaster St., Marietta, on a warrant for theft, a misdemeanor. Kuhn was arrested at his residence by the Washington County Sheriff’s Office and processed into the Washington County Jail on March 12 at 4 p.m.
* Megan Nicole Gossett, 26, 606 Tenth St., Marietta, for domestic violence, a misdemeanor. Gossett was arrested by the Marietta Police Department and processed into the Washington County Jail on March 12 at 6:49 p.m.
* Chad Alan Franks, 41, 985 Cats Creek, Lowell, for fugitive from justice, a misdemeanor. Franks was arrested in Marietta by the Marietta Police Department and processed into the Washington County Jail on March 12 at 9:48 p.m.
MARIETTA — On March 14, the Washington County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports:
* Deputy A. McConnell responded to the Peoples Bank, 301 Main St., Lowell, in reference to a bank employee finding an identification card at the bank drive thru. Attempts were made to return the ID to no avail. The identification card was placed into evidence at the sheriff’s office.
* Deputy Metts responded to 1253 Sealy Ridge Road, Vincent, in reference to Andy Lance reporting his live in girlfriend, Mickie Neihart, assaulted him at their residence, 2196 Sealy Ridge Road, Vincent. Deputy Metts spoke with Lance who said he and Neihart were in a verbal argument. Lance stated Neihart grabbed the set of keys he had around his neck causing the key chain to break. Lance further stated that Neihart then punched him in the left eye and grabbed at his neck. Lance went on to report that she also broke his phone and threw a flower pot at him breaking glass in a china cabinet. Lance did have injuries consistent with what was explained to Deputy Metts. Neihart was later located and admitted to hitting Lance. Neihart stated she was not injured in the altercation. Mickie Dawn Neihart, 35, 2196 Sealy Ridge Road, Vincent, Ohio, was placed under arrest for domestic violence and transported to the jail for processing.
* Deputy Johnson responded to 1600 block of Muskingum River Road, Marietta, for a reported theft. Deputy Johnson spoke with Michael Clatterbuck who reported a large oak tree had fallen on his property and was missing. The property is not occupied and was reportedly cut up and left on the side of the road. Deputy Johnson was able to follow the drag marks up the road from where the tree had been pulled by a piece of equipment. The log was found in a field nearby. Further contact is being made to the owner of the property about the log. Case investigation continues.
* Deputy Hall responded to Salem Township in reference to a subject being scammed out of $2,000. Case remains open.
* Lt. Hornbeck was dispatched to 27335 Ohio 7, Marietta, in reference to a possible assault. Lt. Hornbeck made contact with the juvenile who was involved in the incident with Warren Ritchie. The juvenile reported Ritchie shoved him twice and was intoxicated. Lt. Hornbeck requested a summons be issued through Marietta Municipal Court for disorderly conduct while intoxicated to Warren C. Ritchie, 61, 27335 Ohio 7, Lot 17, Marietta, Ohio.
* Deputies responded to 499 McGill Road, Vincent, Ohio, in reference to a structure fire. Dunham, Little Hocking and Barlow Fire Departments were on scene upon arrival and it appeared that the fire was under control. There were no injuries reported. Deputies spoke with the owner of the residence, Mary Haught, who stated the fire started in the upstairs area. Chief Ernie Hoschar of the Dunham Fire Department stated that the State Fire Marshal’s Office will be conducting an investigation to the cause of the fire. The upstairs of the residence was damaged and there was water damage to the first story of the residence.
The following warrants were processed at the Washington County Sheriff’s Office:
* Samuel J. Kohan, 1885 Main St., Apt. 1, Stockport, Ohio, for failure to appear. Original charge was breaking and entering.
* Kenneth S. McClellan, 5525 Hoover Ave., East Fultonham, Ohio, for failure to appear.
* Cody Parker, Glen, Miss., for failure to appear. Original charge was complicity illegal assembly.
* Kristopher Rothe, 2065 River Road, Lot 23, Chillicothe, Ohio, for failure to appear.
The following suspects were processed into the Washington County Jail March 13 and 14:
* Mickie Dawn Neihart, 35, 2196 Sealey Ridge Road, Vincent, Ohio, for domestic violence, a misdemeanor. Neihart was arrested on Ohio 339 by Deputy Metts of the Washington County Sheriff’s Office and processed into the jail at 2:38 p.m.
* Shaun Allen Gates, 35, 1223 Greene St., Marietta, for drugs possession, a felony. Gates was arrested by Patrolman Thomas of the Marietta City Police Department and processed into the jail at 5:47 p.m.
* Tracy Elizabeth Lamp, 40, 146 Franklin St., Marietta, for drugs possession, a felony. Lamp was arrested on Greene Street by Patrolman Hively of the Marietta City Police Department and processed into the jail at 7:03 p.m.
* Jonathon Eugene Brown, 35, 808 Wood St., Parkersburg, for two counts of obstructing official business, both misdemeanors. Brown was arrested in Belpre by Patrolman Tewanger of the Belpre City Police Department and processed into the jail at 7:21 p.m.
* David Clinton Ashcraft, 73, 201 Belle Meadow Drive, Marietta, for violation protection order, a misdemeanor. Ashcraft was arrested at his residence by Patrolman McElroy of the Marietta City Police Department and processed into the jail at 9:19 p.m.
* Howard Neil Derenberger, 38, 1429 Hocking Road, Belpre, for confinement or restraint of dog, a misdemeanor. Derenberger was arrested in Belpre by Patrolman Heddleston of the Belpre City Police Department and processed into the jail at 11:01 p.m.
* Joseph Samuel Cupp, 26, 4003 Gallia St., New Boston, Ohio, for driving under suspension and equipment/plate light, both misdemeanors. Cupp was arrested on Putnam Street by Trooper Forshey of the Ohio State Highway Patrol and processed into the jail at 2:16 a.m.
* Lisa Rae Wallace, 46, 4133 Brockley Ave., Sheffield Lake, Ohio, for driving under suspension, failure to reinstate operator’s license and no seat belt, all misdemeanors. Wallace was arrested by Trooper Forshey and processed into the jail at 3:53 a.m.
ATHENS, Ohio — On March 14 the Athens County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports.
* Deputies responded to Cross Street, The Plains, for a report of an active burglary. Deputies were not able to make contact with the caller due to her hanging up the phone repeatedly and not giving a valid address. Units patrolled Cross Street, made contact with the folks living at and near where the phone call was coming from and no one advised a burglary occurred.
* Deputies observed a vehicle matching the description of a vehicle involved in a stolen credit card case. William George, 23, of Williamstown, was arrested on a nationwide warrant out of Washington County, Ohio, and a warrant out of West Virginia. William George was transported to South East Ohio Regional Jail without incident.
* Deputies conducted a traffic stop on Taylor Ridge. The driver was cited for driving under suspension and fictitious registration. A passenger, Brandi Drake, 32 of Glouster, was found to have an active warrant for failure to appear on a drug charge filed in Athens County. Drake was arrested and transported to South East Ohio Regional Jail without incident.
* While on patrol in The Plains, deputies observed a vehicle fail to use a turn signal. Deputies conducted a traffic stop on Roy Avenue, where an occupant exited the vehicle and failed to stop with deputies commands. The occupant, later identified as Tiffany J. Barry, 25, of The Plains, entered a friend’s residence in an attempt to get rid of evidence. Deputies were granted consent to enter the residence and Barry was arrested on an active warrant from Athens County and she was later transported to the Athens City Police. A search of the area in the residence was conducted and several prescription narcotics not prescribed to Barry were found. Charges are pending for drug possession, tampering with evidence and failure to comply after lab results return.
PARKERSBURG — On March 14 the Parkersburg Police Department released the following reports:
* The Parkersburg Police Department responded to 122 calls for service.
* Brian Moore, 41, of Parkersburg was arrested on a protective order violation.
* Jill Dunham, 47, of Parkersburg was arrested for first-offense DUI.
* Alexis Rodriguez-Burgos reported fraudulent schemes.
* Danielle Flesher reported a burglary.
* Officers investigated two motor vehicle accidents
BELPRE – The Belpre Police Department released the following reports on March 14:
* On March 10, Christopher C. Byron, 43, of 8209 Main St.. Stewart, was cited for expired registration.
* On March 11, Emily M. Howard, 21, 4301 10th Ave., Parkersburg, was cited for expired registration.
* On March 11, Faith A. Halbert, 26, 1714 Lost Pavement Road, Parkersburg, was cited for expired registration.
* On March 12, Richard L. Moore, 55, 1670 State Route 339, Belpre, was cited for a seat belt violation.
* On March 12, Ceianna N. Bennett, 20, 139 Way Road, Belpre, was cited for speeding, 45 mph in a 25 mph zone.
* On March 12, Carlton W. Wilson, 32, 1000 19th St., Vienna, was cited for speeding, 69 mph in a 50 mph zone.
* On March 12, Charles P. Salameno, 30, 435 Silver Globe Road, Marietta, was cited for speeding, 70 mph in a 50 mph zone.
* On March 13, Ethan A. Rader, 20, of 184 Cedar St., Walker, was cited for speeding, 66 mph in a 50 mph zone.
* On March 13, Howard N. Derenberger, 38, 1429 Hocking Road, Belpre, was arrested on warrant through the Washington County Sheriff’s Office. Derenberger also was cited for OVI and failing to use a turn signal.
* On March 13, Jonathon E. Brown, 35, 808 Wood St., Parkersburg, was arrested for obstructing official business.