Wood Circuit Court
PARKERSBURG — The following cases were handled recently in Wood County Circuit Court:
* James M. Overton, 47, 615 Jameston St., Parkersburg, pleaded not guilty before Circuit Judge J.D. Beane to charges of possess of a controlled substance with intent to deliver and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony. Trial is set for Sept. 8. A status hearing will be held 9 a.m. Sept 2. Overton was put on $35,000 bond and placed on home confinement.
* Lamon M. Boyd, 26, 996 Brookcrest Dr., Mason, Ohio, pleaded guilty before Beane to possession of a controlled substance (fentanyl) and possession of a controlled substance (methamphetamine). Boyd was sentenced to one to 15 years in prison with 215 days credit for time served and two to 10 years with zero days credit for time served with the sentences to run consecutively. Boyd was order to pay all court and related costs.
* Airrion A. Smith, 47, 1614 Pearcy Ave., Parkersburg, had pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver before Beane. He was placed on three years probation to allow him to enter a treatment program.
* Jackie Rucker Jr., 40, 340 Highland Ridge Rd., Berkeley Springs, W.Va., had pleaded guilt before Judge Robert Waters to possession of a controlled substance (carfentanyl) weighing more than one gram but less than five grams. He was sentenced to prison for three to 15 years with 65 days credit for time already served and ordered to pay $332 in court costs.
* Lawrence F. Boland, 72, 985 Proudfoot Rd., Philippi, pleaded guilty before Waters to fleeing in a vehicle from an officer in reckless disregard and second-offense DUI. He was sentenced to one year in jail with two days credit for time served on home confinement and one to five years which would have been served consecutively which was suspended and he was placed on three years probation. He will be allowed to continue substance abuse treatment. He is not allowed to drive during his sentence. He was also ordered to pay all court and home confinement fees.
* James Robert Kipe, 30, 414 Marrtown Rd., Parkersburg, pleaded guilty before Waters to third-offense shoplifting and fraudulent use of an access device. Sentencing is set for 9 a.m. Aug. 12. Kipe is asking for alternative sentencing. A pre-sentencing investigation was ordered.
* Thomas M. Pauley, 31, 1012 Cornwall St., Parkersburg, pleaded guilty before Judge Jason Wharton to first-offense possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver. He was approved to participate in Drug Court, Sentencing has been delayed to a later date.
* Michael D. Webb, 29, 16457 Liberty Rd., Newcomerstown, Ohio, was charged with fleeing from an officer with reckless indiffence. A hearing to go over a plea was set before Wharton, but Webb did not appear. The hearing was rescheduled for 2:30 p.m. June 11.