Wood Circuit Court
PARKERSBURG — The following cases were handled recently in Wood County Circuit Court:
* Nicholas P. Davis, 49, 157 Dickens Drive STE B, Mineral Wells, pleaded guilty to grand larceny before Judge Robert Waters and was sentenced to one year in the North Central Regional Jail with no days credited for time served. The matter of restitution will be left open for 30 days. He was ordered to pay court costs. Motions for alternative sentencing were denied.
* Brandi Mackey, 34, 706 Neal St., Parkersburg, appeared before Waters where the court determined she violated the terms of home confinement and was ordered into a long-term substance abuse treatment program. She will remain incarcerated until a bed becomes available.
* David Allen Bayless, 46, 2324 Broad St., Parkersburg, is a fugitive from justice and has waived extradition to Washington County before Waters. He has charges of parole violation in Wood County. Until that is resolved, the court ruled he cannot return to Washington County.
* Austin Lee Hayes, 20, 601 Stephenson Ave., Parkersburg, was suppose to appear before Waters on a charge of failure to appear. The defense has asked the hearing being moved to June 2 as they have had no contact with Hayes. The court revoked bond and a capias warrant has been issued.
* Mylisha Sue Stephens, 30, 1341 Spring St., Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to concealment or removal of a minor child. Sentencing is set before Waters for July 30 at 10 a.m. Stephens remains on bond.
* Scott C. Rogers, 28, 36 Boaz Dr. Apt. 3, Williamstown, was charged with delivery of a controlled substance. A plea offer was accepted. A plea hearing is set before Circuit Judge Jason Wharton for June 1 at 4 p.m.
* Thomas Michael Pauley, 31, 1012 Cornwall St., Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to first-offense possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver. Sentencing is set before Wharton for June 4.
* Jeremy Merrill, 39, 736 Red Hill Road, Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to malicious assault before Wharton and the court revoked bond. A presenting investigation is ordered along with victim impact statements. The matter is set for a hearing July 13 at 1:30 p.m.
* Adam C. Thornton, 35, 401621 19th St. Parkersburg, pleaded guilty before Waters to unlawful possession of a weapon, two counts of grand larceny and two counts of obstruction. Sentencing is set for July 23 at 9:30 a.m.
* Austin Barnhart, 23,2610 Braun Rd., Belpre, is a fugitive from justice. In a hearing before Waters, he waived extradition back to Washington County
* Austin Shane Twilley, 21, 132 Mellin Ridge Rd., Harrisville, pleaded guilty before Waters to attempted burglary. Motions have been made for alternative sentencing and a presentencing investigation has been ordered. Sentencing is set for July 23 at 9 a.m.
* Wilbert Wayne Bleigh, 63, 2521 11th Ave. Parkersburg, pleaded guilty before Judge J.D. Beane to retaliation against a public official and harassment. He is currently participating in treatment. Sentencing is set for July 22 at 9:15 a.m.
* Gary Michael Clark, 72, North Central Regional Jail, pleaded guilty before Beane to making terroristic threats and was sentenced to one to three years with credit of 259 days for time served. That sentence is suspended and he was placed on three years probation and ordered to pay all related costs.
* Matthew Collin Murray, 21, 6450 Tuckers Creek Road, Elizabeth, was sentenced by Beane to one to three years in state prison with a credit of 46 days for time served. That sentence was suspended and he was placed on home confinement for 18 months and ordered to pay all related costs and court costs.
* Andrea Lee Sees, 27, 1003 Jackson Ave. Apt. 3, Parkersburg, pleaded guilty before Beane to attempted uttering. She was accepted into a substance abuse treatment. Sentencing is set for July 9 at 9:30 a.m.
* Devan J. Sunderman, 21, 39 Main St., Belmont, pleaded guilty before Wharton to fleeing officers with reckless indifference and sentenced to one to five years with 288 days credit for time served, a $1,000 fine and $2,933 in restitution paid to the West Virginia Community Risk Pool, $2,500 in restitution paid to SWC and all court costs. Motions for alternative sentencing were denied. The sentence will run concurrent with another charge out of Pleasants County.
* Melvin Jessop, 56, 1009 Lynn St. Parkersburg, was sentenced by Wharton to one to five years in state prison with 522 days credit for time served for a charge of third-degree sexual assault. He was ordered to pay court costs and restitution. Motions for alternative sentencing were denied. Once released, he will have 20 years of supervised released and has to register as a sex offender.