Wood Circuit Court
PARKERSBURG –The following cases were handled recently in Wood County Circuit Court:
* Tylor Thomas, 433 Wigal St., Parkersburg, who was indicted on a charge of prohibited person in possession of firearms, had the state move to dismiss the information against him and have the case return to the regular docket pending further proceedings as Thomas no longer wants to proceed with the information. A status hearing was set for March 22 before Judge Robert Waters.
* Trial was set for April 27 before Waters for Brian Sidwell, 40, 2135 16th St., Parkersburg, on charges of drug delivery resulting in death, failure to render aid and three counts of delivery of a controlled substance. A plea agreement has been offered.
* Michael Anthony Laurnoff, 56, 515 Sixth St. Apt. F, charged with destruction of property, has a status hearing set 1 p.m. April 26 before Judge Jason Wharton.
* Timothy N. Cochran, 53, 2507 10th Ave., Parkersburg, asked Wharton to be placed on parole and released from home confinement where he is serving a sentence on a charge of wanton endangerment. The motion was granted and Cochran was ordered to report to the adult probation office.
* Christopher Lee Garner, 16 Brookview Drive, Belleville, made a motion before Wharton to be released from home confinement where he is serving a sentence on a charge of cruelty to animals and put on parole. The motion was granted and Cochran was ordered to report to the adult probation office. He was given credit for 515 days on home confinement and one day credit for incarceration.
* Thomas Michael Seebaugh, 21, 1902 Nash St. Parkersburg, was found guilty of conspiracy to commit a felony before Judge J.D. Beane. He was sentenced to the Anthony Treatment Center for six months to two years.
* The attorney for William Johnson, 56, 345 Lincoln Ave., Lancaster, who pleaded guilty to first-degree robbery, has withdrawn from the case and a hearing has been set for 10:15 a.m. April 8 before Beane to allow him time to hire new counsel.
* A warrant was issued for Lacee J. Butler, 37, 45669 Miller Road, Pomeroy, for failing to appear for a scheduled court hearing. Butler, who pleaded guilty to receiving a stolen vehicle before Beane, was placed with the Mid-Ohio Valley Drug Court and would have been put on probation if successful.
* Andrea May McCoy-Doyle, 35, 413 13th St. Apt. C, Parkersburg, is scheduled to be sentenced on charges of child neglect creating risk of death or serious bodily injury (one felony count and one misdemeanor count)at 9:30 a.m. May 13 before Beane. A pre-sentence investigation has been ordered.
* Justin Lewis Haddad, 29, 1234 Lynn St., Parkersburg, had a change of plea reset so an evaluation could be conducted this week at the North Central Regional Jail. He was charged with failure to register or provide notice of registration changes. A new hearing date will be set before Beane.
* Joseph Dexter Hesson, 22, 809 Franklin Ave., Belpre, did not appear for a hearing before Beane on March 19. His attorney said it was due to miscommunication between them and that the attorney would reschedule through the judge’s secretary. Hesson was charged with receiving/transferring a stolen automobile from a warrant. He had been previously released on $10,000 bond.