Wood County Circuit Court
PARKERSBURG — The following cases were handled recently in Wood County Circuit Court:
* Miguel Angel Vazquez, 41, 2606 26th St., Parkersburg, pleaded guilty before Judge Robert Waters to fleeing with reckless disregard. A pre-sentencing investigation has been ordered. Sentencing is set for March 20.
* Bailey E. Keel, 24, 1312 Oak St., Parkersburg, pleaded guilty before Judge Robert Waters to cruelty to animals. He waived having a pre-sentencing investigation conducted and is not seeking an alternative sentence. He was sentenced 1-5 years in the state prison with 292 days credited for time served. He was ordered to pay $1,247 in fines and court costs.
* Monissa Tanner, 59, Mineral Wells, pleaded guilty before Judge Robert Waters to fraudulent scheme. She was initially sentenced to 1-10 years in the state prison. That sentence was suspended and she was placed on two years of probation, ordered to attend classes to get her GED and 300 hours of community service. She was ordered to pay $267 in fines and court costs as well as $750 restitution to American Family Assurance Company of Columbus.
* Scott C. Rogers, 28, 36 Boaz Dr. Apt. 3, Williamstown, trial was set March 2 before Judge Jason Wharton on a charge of delivery of a controlled substance-heroin. All pre-trial motions need to be made by Feb. 19.
* Charuss E. Drummond, 33, 2602 Avery St. Apt. 5, Parkersburg, was sentenced for breaking and entering to 1-10 years in state prison with a credit of 364 days for time served by Judge Jason Wharton. Motions for alternative sentencing were denied. He was ordered to pay $1,227 in fines and restitutions.
* Katlin McMullin, 22, 4114 Camden Ave., Parkersburg, pleaded guilty before Circuit Judge Jason Wharton to conspiracy to commit grand larceny. A motion for probation was denied. McMillin was sentenced to 1-5 years in state prison with a credit of 179 days for time served. She was ordered to pay $292 in fines and court costs. No victim impact statement was given to the court so no restitutions were ordered.
* Caleb Michael Smith, 42, 3106 Williamstown Pike, Williamstown, pleaded guilty before Judge Jason Wharton to possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver. A pre-sentencing investigation has been ordered. Sentencing is set for Feb. 25.
* Christina M. Boyles, 42, 501 32nd St. Lot A3, Parkersburg, was found guilty before Judge J.D. Beane of abuse of an incapacitated adult and neglect of an incapacitated adult. She was sentenced to one year in the regional jail with a credit of 60 days for time served for each charge. The sentences were ordered to run consecutively. Motions for an alternative sentence were denied.
* Terry Lee Ringer, 55, 901 38th St., Vienna, pleaded guilty before Circuit Judge J.D. Beane of fraudulent scheme and sentenced to 1-10 years in prison. The sentence was suspended and Ringer was placed on home confinement for three years. He was ordered to pay restitutions and home confinement fees.
* Anthony Justin Slater, 5517 Elkriver Road North, Elkview, W.Va., pleaded guilty before Circuit Judge J.D. Beane to domestic assault and destruction of property and sentenced to 106 days in the regional jail with a credit of 106 days for time served for each charge. He was ordered to pay fines and court costs.