PARKERSBURG — The following cases were handled in Wood County Magistrate Court Wednesday:
* Anthony C. Demarco, 38, 275 Dutch Ridge Road, Guysville, Ohio, pleaded no contest to driving on a suspended license, having no proof of insurance and was fined $690.50.
* Robert Leon Murphy Jr., 39, 802 Quincy St. Apt. 2, Parkersburg, was arraigned on charges of kidnapping and malicious assault. He was held on $50,000 bond for the malicious assault charge. Kidnapping carries a potential life sentence, bond must be set for that charge in Wood County Circuit Court. He is ordered to have no contact with the victim.
* Rex Allen Scarbrough, 42, 4406 Jefferson St., Parkersburg, was arraigned for violating a domestic violence protection order and released on $1,000 bond.
* Sammy Eugene Messer, 52, 1104 1/2 39th St., Parkersburg, was arraigned on public intoxication and disorderly conduct. He was released on $200 bond.
* Timothy Michael Gregory, 33, 608 West Virginia Ave. Apt. 4, Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to child neglect and fined $170.25.
* David Wayne Burmage, 1711 Andrew St., Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct and fined $175.25.
* Colby Allen Ruddlesden, 19, 4915 Fourth Ave. Parkersburg, receiving and transferring stolen goods, fined $170.25, has to pay $1,550 in restitutions and placed on 12 months of unsupervised probation. Charges of burglary and conspiracy to commit burglary were dismissed.
* Melissa Dawn Morris, 413 13th St. Apt. C, Parkersburg, had a preliminary hearing waived in regards to a charge of third-offense shoplifting and shoplifting penalties. The case was bound over to the Wood County Circuit Court for Grand Jury consideration.
* Gerald Christopher Piggott, 36, 1620 Oak St., Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to being a person prohibited from possessing firearms, fined $170.25 and placed on home confinement for 90 days.