PARKERSBURG — The Wood County Magistrate Court heard the following cases on April 1:
* Daniel Mowery, 42, 611 1/2 Elm St., Belpre, was arraigned on five counts of counterfeiting and is being held on a $10,000 surety bond.
* Candace Hammond, 50, 109 Conger St., Charlestown, was arraigned on a charge of obstruction and was released on a $2,500 personal recognizance bond.
* Probable cause was found in a case against Dustin Wright, 33, of 1131 Latrobe St., Parkersburg, on a charge of first-degree arson and causing injuries during an arson-related crime. His case has been transferred to the Wood County Circuit Court for grand jury consideration.
* A charge of writing a worthless check was dismissed against Albert Testerman Jr., 45, 1883 Sandtown Road, Smithville, because the warrant is 15 years old.
* Curtis Davis Jr., 46, 1613 18th St. Apartment C, Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to a charge of shoplifting he was sentenced to six months of jail, assessed $170.25 in court costs and fines and ordered to pay a $1,003.96 civil penalty to the victim. As part of a plea agreement, a second charge of shoplifting was dismissed.