PARKERSBURG — The following cases were handled Wednesday in Wood County Magistrate Court:
* Brian Leigh Wright, 47, 1307 23rd St., Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance without a prescription, sentenced to six months probation and fined $170.25.
* David Andrew Stewart, 33, 877 Wolfe Run Road, Rockport, pleaded no contest to falsely reporting an emergency, sentenced to one year probation and fined $320.25.
* Nathan J. Hughes, 42, 1693 Rosemar Road, Vienna, pleaded guilty to battery, sentenced to one year probation and fined $200.25.
* Estefania Rueda Alvarado, 27, 102 Trapper’s Place, Charleston, pleaded guilty to driving in an impaired state, sentenced to 25 hours of community service and fined $465.25.
* Kevin J. Kuhl, 33, 105 Front St., Williamstown, pleaded guilty to driving in an impaired state, credited 8 hours and 8 minutes for time served and fined $345.25.
* William Ray Casto, 34, 911 Tefft St., Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to petit larceny, sentenced to one year probation and fined $270.25.
* Matthew David Sadler, 32, 24 Wyndham Knob, Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to obstruction, sentenced to two years of probation and fined $350.50.
* Jane Nichole Davis, 32, 811 Virginia Ave., Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to having no MVI and fined $175.25.
* George Lee Carpenter Jr., 40, 100 Mineral Manor Way, Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to having no operator’s license and fined $370.50.
* Leslie Dianna Gordon, 24, 880 West 6th St., Merrillville, Ind., had a charge of having no proof of insurance dismissed.
* Destiny Spirit Lott-Berry, 27, 6858 Pike St. Apt. 22, Mineral Wells, was held on $500 bond for domestic battery.
* Matthew Allen Altizer, 26, 732 Russell Ave., Akron, Ohio, was released on $500 bond for driving on a suspended license for DUI.
* Timothy M. Gregory, 33, 608 #4 West Virginia Ave., Parkersburg was held on $10,000 bond for child neglect and gross risk of injury.