PARKERSBURG — Wood County Magistrate Court heard the following reports on May 24:
* Joseph Cain, 32, 1002 23rd St., Apartment 3, Vienna, was arraigned on a violation of a protective order and was released on a $1,500 surety bond.
* Raymond Jones, 81, 61 Meadowcrest St., Harrisville, pleaded no contest to obedience to traffic control devices and was assessed $180.25 in court costs and fines.
* Dalton Drummond, 26, 924 Robinson Hill Road, Marietta, was arraigned on possession of a controlled substance and shoplifting charges and was released on a $1,500 personal recognizance bond.
* Austin Patterson, 20, 86 Locust Ave., Davisville, pleaded guilty to driving while suspended or revoked and was assessed $260.25 in court costs and fines.
* Mark Kendall, 43, 1600 Camden Ave., Apartment 3, Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to shoplifting. He was assessed $185.25 in court costs and fines and ordered to pay a $50 civil penalty to the victim.
* Jonathan Deaton, 29, 48 Ponderosa Drive, Paintsville, Ky., was arraigned for driving while revoked for DUI and was released on a $2,500 surety bond.