WILLIAMSTOWN — The Williamstown Police Department released the following reports Sept. 28:
• A 15-year-old Williamstown female reported that an unknown male suspect spit on her while in Tomlinson Park. The suspect left the area prior to law enforcement contact. A person of interest has been identified and criminal charges are pending.
• Heath Michael Sweat, 33, Williamstown, was arrested on charges of domestic battery and domestic assault following a reported physical altercation in the 400 block of Park Avenue. Sweat was placed in the WV Division of Corrections and later released after posting bond.
• Aaron Stone, 21, Parkersburg, was cited for possession of marijuana following a traffic stop on Highland Avenue.
• A traffic stop was conducted at the WV Welcome Center of a vehicle for a traffic violation. Upon further investigation officers recovered several stolen items that were allegedly stolen from businesses in the Coschocton, Ohio, area totaling over $1,800. A 49-year-old Coschocton female and a 47-year-old Ripley male admitted to involvement in the thefts. The property was recovered by WPD and suspect information will be provided to the businesses involved for possible criminal charges in Ohio.
• A 16-year-old juvenile male from Belleville was cited for speed, 47 mph in a 25 mph zone, on Highland Avenue.
• Officers responded to a domestic dispute in the 400 block of Park Avenue. A 22-year-old male subject was transported by EMS to a facility for treatment.