On the Record
PARKERSBURG — Wood County Magistrate Court heard the following cases on Feb. 11.
* Melinda Shephard, 55, Parkersburg, was dismissed on a charge of domestic battery because the alleged victim did not appear in court.
* Richard Miller II, 23, 4803 First Ave., Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to the charges of duty upon striking fixtures on a highway and driving while suspended or revoked; as part of a plea agreement Miller II was dismissed on the charges of driving without required security, expired registration and operating without inspection. He was assessed $890.50 in court costs and fines.
* Richard Davis, 45, 3091 Progress Ridge Road, Walker, was arraigned on charges of no insurance and driving while suspended; he was released on a $1,000 personal recognizance bond.
* Allen Lott, 47, 149 Bob Link Circle, Davisville, was arraigned on a charge of possession of a controlled substance without a prescription, methamphetamine, and was released on a $1,000 personal recognizance bond.
* Brandon Leak, 34, 4300 Brumbaugh Boulevard, Dayton, was arraigned on charges of driving while suspended and possession of a controlled substance without a prescription. He was released on a $1,000 personal recognizance bond.
* Bradley Cantwell, 37, 56 Lee Court, Walker, was arraigned on charges of driving while suspended, a third offense, no insurance, no registration and an expired motor vehicle sticker. He was released on a $1,500 personal recognizance bond.
* Brandon Sampson, 34, Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to a charge of domestic battery. He was sentenced to one year of unsupervised probation and assessed $170.25 in court costs and fines.
PARKERSBURG – The Wood County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports on Feb. 10:
* The office answered 218 calls: (15) Traffic Stops (5) Mental Hygiene Orders (8) Intrusion Alarms (16) Domestic Complaints and DV Order Services (22) Motor Vehicle Accidents (1) Warrant Services (3) Area Checks (35) Speak with Complainant by Phone/in Person (3) Suspicious vehicles/Persons.
* Deputies responded to Old Saint Marys Pike and Johnson Creek Road for a single vehicle accident where the vehicle had wrecked into an electric pole and the vehicle caught on fire. A witness stated that several subjects were inside the vehicle and had pulled one of the occupants out and left him on the guardrail before they left the scene. The vehicle had been reported stolen to the Parkersburg Police Department. The male was transported to the hospital and the investigation is ongoing at this time.
* Christopher Edward Linn Byrd, 31, of 30th Street was issued a citation for driving on suspended and no insurance. Lacole D. Dalrymple, 33, Ruble Road, was arrested on charges of possession of a controlled substance and a warrant for driving on suspended.
* A deputy responded to the 1.5 mile marker of Robert Byrd Highway westbound for a vehicle accident involving a deer. The vehicle sustained heavy front end damage and was towed from the scene, no injuries were reported.
* Nathaniel Aaron Knotts, 22, of Kay Street was arrested on a warrant for domestic battery.
* Zakary Reese Edwards, 27, of Meadowview Drive was issued a citation for driving on suspended and possession of a controlled substance.
* Deputies responded to 12 accidents due to the snow and ice.
* Danny Minigh, 68, Sherwood Drive, was arrested on warrants for indecent exposure and two charges of domestic battery.
* A deputy responded to Manor Drive in Mineral Wells for a vehicle backing into a gas meter. The driver stated while backing out of the driveway she struck the gas meter, causing minimal damage to the vehicle, but extensive damage to the gas meter. Mineral Wells Volunteer Fire Department turned the meter off.
* Brittney Sue Stanley, 25, Henry Road, was arrested on a warrant for shoplifting.
* Deputies responded to Wildwood Drive for a possible domestic in progress. Garland Anthony Ritchey, 42, Wildwood Drive, was arrested on charges of assault, public intoxication, disorderly conduct, obstructing an officer, battery and harassment.
* Deputies responded to New England Ridge Road for a domestic dispute in progress. The victim stated that an argument ensued between himself and his son and that he had been knocked down and was strangled. John Thomas Buchanan, 32, of New England Ridge Road was arrested on charges of strangulation.
* A deputy responded to Emerson Avenue at Chichester Lane for a single-vehicle accident involving a deer. The driver stated that he struck a deer causing moderate damage to the front end of his vehicle. No injuries were reported and the vehicle was towed.
* Deputies responded to Highland Lake Terrace for a domestic in progress. Upon arrival deputies heard what sounded like arguing coming from inside the residence and were invited into the residence by individuals already inside. Both parties stated there was a verbal argument only. Phillip Michael McCloy, 30, Ryanwood Village, was arrested on a warrant for fraudulent use of an access device.
PARKERSBURG – Parkersburg Police Department released the following reports on Feb. 12:
* Eric Dillon, 29, Parkersburg was arrested on Feb. 10 on a capias.
* Curtis Shepherd, 33, Parkersburg was arrested on Feb. 10 for third-offense driving suspended.
* Jason Vogt, Parkersburg, was arrested on Feb. 10 on a capias.
* Mathew Hammonds of Parkersburg was arrested on Feb. 10 for falsely reporting an emergency.
* On Feb. 10, officers responded to Virginia Avenue for a burglary.
* On Feb. 10, officers responded to Beverly Street for a vehicle entry.
* On Feb. 10, officers responded to Walmart and cited Daniel Flanigan for shoplifting.
* On Feb. 10, officers responded to 28th Street for a breaking and entering.
* On Feb. 10, officers responded to four motor vehicle accidents.
* Eric Townsend, 40, of Parkersburg was arrested on Feb. 7 for trespassing and possession of a controlled substance and on capias warrants.
* Derrick Lanning, 39, of Parkersburg was arrested on Feb. 7 for domestic battery.
* Richard Swiger, 30, of Parkersburg was arrested on Feb. 7 on a capias.
* Henry Lewis, of Mount Clare, W.Va., was arrested on Feb. 8 on a capias.
* Christopher Rogers, 28, of Parkersburg was arrested on Feb. 8 on a warrant.
* Charles Alltop, 56, of Parkersburg was arrested on Feb. 8 on a warrant for DVPO violation.
* On Feb. 7, officers spoke with a complainant about a petit larceny.
* On Feb. 7, officers responded to Birch Street for a burglary.
* On Feb. 7, officers responded to 12th Avenue for a breaking and entering.
* On Feb. 7, officers responded to the City Park for a destruction of property.
* On Feb. 8, officers responded to 32nd Street for a burglary.
* On Feb. 8, officers responded to Dollar General on DuPont Road and cited David King for shoplifting.
* On Feb. 8, officers responded to Vaughan Avenue for a stolen registration plate.
* On Feb. 8, officers responded to Napoli’s on Seventh Street for a petit larceny.
* On Feb. 9, officers responded to Emerson Avenue for a burglary.
* On Feb. 7, officers responded to thirteen motor vehicle accidents.