On the Record
PARKERSBURG — Wood County Magistrate Court heard the following cases on Jan. 21.
* Bailey Keel, 23, 1310 Oak St., Parkersburg, waived his preliminary hearing on a charge of animal cruelty and his case has been bound over to Wood County Circuit Court for grand jury consideration.
Keel was arraigned after a video allegedly showing him brutally abusing a kitten went viral. The video, which was posted to YouTube from a home security camera in the 1000 block of Laird Avenue, shows a man investigators say is Keel carrying a black-and-white kitten and slamming it into the ground multiple times. A criminal complaint filed in magistrate court says it appears Keel also put a cigarette in or around the kitten’s face.
* Courtney Thompson, 34, 2303 Capital Circle, Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to a charge of unlawful acts of licenses and was assessed $195.25 in court cost and fines.
* Alpensie Harris, 52, 406 Dupont St., Saint Albans, pleaded guilty to a charge of shoplifting and was assessed $205.25 in court cost and fines and ordered to pay a civil penalty of $242.89 to the victim.
* Eric Wilson, 43, 3413 Central Ave., Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to charge of unlawful acts of licenses and was assessed $195.25 in court cost and fines.
* Charles Callahan, 51, 527 Ward Place, Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to a charge of trespassing and was assessed $270.25 in court costs and fines. As part of a plea agreement he was dismissed on a second charge of trespassing.
* Jessica Crockett, 36, 133 Goff Hollow, Elizabeth, was arraigned on a charge of driving while suspended or revoked, a third offense and was released on a $1,000 personal recognizance bond.
* John Wilson III, 46, 7641 Pike St. Lot 1, Mineral Wells, was arraigned on a charge of battery and was released on a $2,000 personal recognizance bond.
* Andrea Sees, 26, 910 Lynn St., Parkersburg, was arraigned on a charge of possession of a stolen vehicle and shoplifting a second offense; she was being held at the North Central Regional Jail on a $26,000 surety bond.
* Anthony Smith, 34, 910 Lynn St., Parkersburg, was arraigned on the charges of possession of a stolen vehicle, possession of a controlled substance without a prescription, methamphetamine, two counts and no bicycle headlamp. He was being held at the North Central Regional Jail on a $26,500 surety bond.
VIENNA – The Vienna Police Department released the following reports on Jan.21:
* Emily N. Allman of Parkersburg was arrested for fraudulent use of access device warrant.
* Ricky L. Salyers II of Waverly was arrested for petit larceny and petit larceny warrant.
* August N. Atkins of Ravenswood was cited for shoplifting second-offense.
* Natasha L. Roberts of Cambridge was cited for shoplifting first-offense.
* Keith A. Huff of Marietta was arrested for domestic battery.
* Wilbert E. Sparrow of St. Albans was arrested for removal out of county warrant and grand larceny warrant.
* Jennifer A. Hutson of Vienna was arrested for misdemeanor child abuse.
* Lindsey M. Tornes of Marietta was arrested for fleeing, shoplifting and possession.
* Lindsey M. Tornes of Marietta was arrested for fugitive from justice.
WILLIAMSTOWN — The Williamstown Police Department released the following reports Jan. 21:
* Johnathan Carpenter, 24, Dexter City, Ohio, was cited for third-offense driving on a suspended license on East Ninth Street.
* Joshua Tucker, 32, Williamstown, was cited for speeding, 67 mph in a 55 mph zone, and expired motor vehicle inspection on W.Va. 14.
* William Davis, 21, New Martinsville, was cited for no motor vehicle inspection and no insurance on Highland Avenue.
* Robert Williams, 22, Ripley, was cited for illegal registration and no motor vehicle inspection on W.Va. 14.
* Tye Davis, 54, Lowell, was arrested for DUI following a traffic stop on Highland Avenue. Davis reportedly failed field sobriety tests and was taken into custody and blood-alcohol content was later tested at .090. Davis was arraigned at Wood County Magistrate Court and released after posting $2,000 bond.
* Jayson Martin Nickson, 31, Marietta, was cited for speeding, 51 mph in a 35 mph zone, on West Third Street.
* Brandon Brammer, 20, Zanesville, was cited for speeding, 59 mph in a 45 mph zone, on West Third Street.
* Heather Masters, 25, Marietta, was cited for speeding, 40 mph in a 25 mph zone, on Highland Avenue.
* Brian Ebra, 28, Marietta, was cited for public intoxication in the Smoker Friendly parking lot.
* Jerry Wheeler, 64, Caldwell, was cited for public intoxication in the American Legion parking lot.
* Officers responded to a domestic dispute in the 400 block of West Sixth Street. A verbal altercation was reported and DV assistance information was provided.