On the Record
PARKERSBURG – The Wood County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports on Dec. 30:
The department answered 215 calls Dec. 26-29 including:
15 Traffic Stops
13 Area Checks
3 Warrant Services
14 Complaints by Phone
5 Intrusion Alarms
7 Domestic in Progress
4 Domestic Violence Orders Served
10 Motor Vehicle Accidents
5 Assist Motorists
5 Mental Hygiene Orders
3 911 Hang Up Calls
* On Dec. 26, David Michael Loos, 54, Cambridge Ohio, was arrested on charges of DUI, leaving the scene of an accident and failure to obey traffic signal.
* On Dec. 26, a deputy responded to Mound Street for a Storage Unit being broken into. The complainant reported someone cut the lock and at this time is unsure of what all was taken.
* On Dec. 26, a deputy responded to Grandview Street for a dog bite. The complainant reported a dog belonging to her neighbor bit her while she was trying to break up her dog and the neighbor’s dog from fighting. Contact was made with the owner of the dog who was advised he would have to pay for the injuries his dog inflicted and to keep it quarantined for observation.
* On Dec. 26, a deputy spoke with the complainant for a larceny. The complainant reported the larceny occurred about three weeks ago, however he had been in the hospital and only at this time noticed that a floor jack and a homemade wooden trailer had been taken from his yard.
* On Dec. 26, deputies responded to Pike Street for a domestic disturbance. The complainant reported she and her boyfriend were in an argument and he threw her belongings out of the trailer. Both were advised of their options.
* On Dec. 26, deputies responded to Ash Circle for a domestic disturbance. The female stated she and the male had been in an argument with nothing physical occurring and she was gathering her items to leave. A check for warrants showed two warrants for Dustin Wayne Parsons, 25, of Ash Circle, issued out of Ohio County. He was processed and confined pending his arraignment.
* On Dec. 27, a deputy responded to I-77 at milemarker 160 for a single-vehicle crash. The driver reported she had swerved to miss a deer causing her to drive into the median and then strike the median barrier. No injuries were reported and the vehicle was driven from the scene.
* On Dec. 27, a deputy responded to Alfred Road for an illegal burn. Eastwood Volunteer Fire Department was on scene and Fire Chief Gary Goodwin advised the fire was smoldering when they arrived and no one was around it. The deputy observed an old foundation with junk strewn around, the burn pile had plastic, metal and other items illegal to burn. Information was forwarded to DNR officers.
* On Dec. 28, a deputy responded to AT&T on Murdoch Avenue for a stolen cell phone. The complainant reported a man had been going through the dumpster earlier in the morning and had then came into the store and looked around for several minutes. All the store representatives were busy with customers and were unable to closely watch the man, at which time he concealed a cell phone that was on display and ran out of the store.
* On Dec. 28, Brian Robert Sanders, 41, Jesterville Road, was arrested on charges of obstructing an officer.
* On Dec. 28, Robert Thomas Delaney III, 51, Scenic Hills Drive, was arrested on charges of domestic battery.
* On Dec. 28, a citation was issued to Suzanne Yvette Cox, 32, Spruce Street, for no insurance.
* On Dec. 29, deputies responded to Stone Oak Road for a domestic disturbance. Central Dispatch also advised a man left the scene heading toward the Hillbilly Inn. Upon arriving the vehicle was located at the residence with a man walking into the front door. The female advised she had been knocked to the ground. She had cuts, knots and bruising to the face, back of the hands and knees. John Nathan Evans, 51, Stone Oak Drive, was arrested on charges of domestic battery, disorderly conduct and obstructing officer.
PARKERSBURG — The Parkersburg Police Department released the following reports on Dec. 31.
* Derek Brown of Parkersburg was arrested on Dec. 30 for domestic battery.
* Shawn Wilson of Parkersburg was arrested on Dec. 30 on a warrant for domestic battery.
* On Dec. 30, officers responded to McClinton Chevrolet for a stolen dealer tag.
* On Dec. 30, officers responded to Moe’s Mini Storage Warehouse for a breaking and entering.
* On Dec. 30, spoke with complainant for a petit larceny.
* On Dec. 30, officers spoke with a complainant about a destruction of property.
* On Dec. 30, officers responded to Elder Street for a burglary.
* On Dec. 30, officers responded to four motor vehicle accidents.