On the Record
PARKERSBURG — Wood County Magistrate Court heard the following cases on Dec. 17.
* Melissa Morris, 45, 413 13th St. Apartment C, Parkersburg, was arraigned on a charge of no insurance and driving while suspended; she was released on a $500 personal recognizance bond.
* Jason Lauderman, 31, 1804 Avery St., Parkersburg, was dismissed on a charge of battery because the alleged victim does not wish to pursue.
* Darton Wilson, 23, 177 Mayfair Drive, Mineral Wells, pleaded guilty to a charge of unlawful methods of hunting and was assessed $190.25 in court costs and fines.
* James Bowers, 42, 84 Strimer Drive, Parkersburg, was arraigned on a charge of driving while suspended and was released on a $500 personal recognizance bond.
* Ryan Roedersheimer, 20, 3701 Parkview Drive, Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to a charge of operation without certificate and failure to maintain control; he was assessed $350.50 in court costs and fines.
* Kecia Mujica, 32, 818 Williams St., Parkersburg, was arraigned on a charge of obstruction and was released on a $500 personal recognizance bond.
* Brandon McMillan, 26, 614 32nd St., Parkersburg, waived his preliminary hearing on a charge of escape and his case has been bound over to Wood County Circuit Court for grand jury consideration.
MARIETTA — Washington County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports on Dec. 16:
* On Dec. 9, the dog warden requested a summons be issued to Autumn Storm Hausberger, 27, and Joshua Nichols, 41, of 1235 Cisler Drive, Marietta, for failure to restrain their dog. A Pitbull dog belonging to Hausberger and Nichols became loose from their residence. It was reported that the dog attacked and bit a mail carrier who was attempting to deliver a package to the residence. The dog was designated vicious as a result of the incident.
* On Wednesday, the dog warden requested a summons for Lakkyn H. Starcher, of 613 10th St., Marietta, for failing to restrain two dogs. Two dogs belonging to Starcher ran loose from her property. These two dogs had been reported running loose several times over the past two weeks prior to this incident. Starcher admitted the dogs had been loose frequently and stated they barged through her door when she exited her residence.
* Deputies were dispatched to 7765 Dalzell Road, Lower Salem, on Thursday. Dispatch advised that Jeffrey Lee Bigley was texting someone that he was going to harm himself. Deputies met with Dominick Oliver in reference to Bigley’s whereabouts, with Oliver stating he did not know, advising of another location to check. Deputies were outside the residence and immediately heard arguing coming from inside the residence. Deputies then went back to the house and spoke with another occupant who stated that Bigley was in the basement. Bigley was ordered to come upstairs at which time he did come to the stairs and was placed into custody. Bigley was asked about the text messages, stating he did it to get the female to come to the residence and had no intention of harming himself. Deputies advised Bigley that due to the actions by deputies, utilizing lights and sirens to check on his welfare, he would be charged with inducing panic. Firearm(s) were taken for safekeeping. Oliver had advised deputies he had consumed alcohol and upon making contact with Marietta Probation Department, deputies learned that he was not allowed to possess firearms or consume alcohol.
Jeffrey Lee Bigley, 19, was placed under arrest for inducing panic and disorderly conduct. Dominick Ryan Oliver, 23, was placed under arrest for obstructing official business and also held in the county jail on a probation violation charge.
* On Saturday, a deputy observed a vehicle stopped in front of Riverview Industrial Supply in Warren Township. The driver, Joshua M. Hendrickson, had glassy and bloodshot eyes. Hendrickson’s speech was also slurred. Hendrickson was asked if he had consumed any alcohol or drugs and he admitted to consuming one beer several hours earlier. Hendrickson, 39, of 775 Gravel Bank Road, Marietta, was placed under arrest for driving under the influence of alcohol. Hendrickson was asked if he had anything illegal on his person, which he said he did not; however, a glass pipe with powdery residue was located in a pants pocket. Hendrickson was transported to the Washington County Jail for processing. While being processed Hendrickson was again asked if he had anything illegal on him, with him again stating that he did not. Jail personnel located a small plastic baggie in the bottom of the defendant’s right-front key-pocket, which appeared to have a crystalline substance inside it. Hendrickson was then charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and conveyance into a detention facility.
* Joshua Allen Campbell, of 314 Washington St., Marietta, failure to appear.
* Katie Danielle Cline, of 27400 State Route 7, Lot 3, Marietta, misuse of credit cards.
* Nancy M. Amos, of 697 Greene St., Newport, theft.
* Herbert Leon Mahar, of 2800 Beach Drive, Lot 16, Belpre, failure to register dogs.
* Steven Lee Sealey, of 1660 Sealey Ridge Road, Vincent, driving under suspension.
* William Roland Talkington, of Marietta, probation violation.
* Josey Cheyenne Barton, of 806 Front St., Marietta, failure to appear.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
* Georgina Loretta Starkey, 28, homeless, was arrested for contempt of court.
* Jimmie Lewis Miller Jr., 27, of 55 Spring Ave., Vincent, was arrested for endangering children, a felony.
* Leroy Junior Clark, 44, of 20670 State Route 550, Marietta, was arrested for aggravated possession of drugs, and breach of recognizance, both felonies, probation violation, contempt of court and breach of recognizance, all misdemeanors.
* Stephen Don Koher, 59, of 56623 Key Bellaire Road, Bellaire, was arrested for resisting arrest and criminal trespassing, both misdemeanors.
* Joshua Michael Hendrickson, 39, of 775 Gravel Bank Road, Marietta, was arrested for illegal conveyance of drugs, a felony, OVI and drug paraphernalia, both misdemeanors.
* Heather Jeanean McMannis, 36, of 4450 Stout Lane, Beverly, was arrested for drug paraphernalia and possession of drugs, both misdemeanors.
* Kirk Russell Slider, 26, of 26935 State Route 7, Apt. 2A, Marietta, was arrested for contempt of court.
* Michael Scott Cranston, 32, of Stewart, was arrested for driving under suspension, fictitious plates and no seatbelt, all misdemeanors.
* Charles Wayne Pettit, 28, of 1219 Racy Road, Petroleum, W.Va., was arrested for contempt of court.
* Joseph Antony Carpenter, II, 38, of 65 Church St., Vincent, was arrested for possession of drugs, a felony, and driving under OVI suspension, a misdemeanor.
* Keryn Ann Miller, 36, of 1177 County Road 9, Marietta, was arrested for theft, a felony.
* Dwayne Edward Miller, 55, of 1177 Millers Lane, Marietta, was arrested for theft, a felony.
* Adam Joseph Miller, 27, of 1584 Wynncrest Drive, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Cecelia Kathleen Schultz, 20, of 749 Mary St., Belpre, was arrested for contempt of court, a felony, and criminal damaging, a misdemeanor.
ATHENS — Athens County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports on Dec. 17.
* A report of a white Nissan truck doing donuts in the snow at the State Route 550 Park and Ride was received. Deputies located the Nissan truck and driver and advised them not to play in the parking lot. They advised that they understood and were waiting for a ride to work.
* ACSO and ACEMS responded to South Plains Road in reference to a female who stated she was assaulted by an ex-boyfriend. Upon arrival deputies made contact with the victim who advised her ex-boyfriend saw her on the sidewalk and punched her in the nose causing physical injury. The male subject fled prior to deputies arrival. The male subject will have a warrant issued for his arrest for assault.
* Deputies responded to Old U.S. 33 for a juvenile having mental health issues. Contact was made with the juvenile who advised that she was having thoughts of harming herself and others, and she wanted to go to the hospital. Her mother was on scene who also wanted the juvenile to go to the hospital. The juvenile was transported to the hospital by her mother.
* Deputies took a report via phone in reference to phone harassment. Deputies spoke with both parties and advised them to cease contact and threats to each other. Parties understood and agreed, and this information was requested to be logged for future reference.
PARKERSBURG — The Parkersburg Police Department released the following reports on Dec. 17:
This past weekend the department responded to 172 calls for service.
* Robert Brogan, 57, of Parkersburg was arrested on Dec. 13 on a warrant for DV bond violation.
* Bernard Lemley, 36, of Walker, was arrested on Dec. 13 on a capias.
* Rodney Johnson, 33, of Parkersburg was arrested on Dec. 13 on a warrant for domestic battery.
* Eric Price, 44, of Parkersburg was arrested on Dec. 13 for a breaking and entering.
* Christopher Gilbert, 32, of Parkersburg was arrested on Dec. 14 for protective order violation.
* Michael Cain, of Parkersburg, was arrested on Dec. 14 on a warrant for violation of a protective order.
* Michael Perry, of Parkersburg, was arrested on Dec. 14 for domestic assault and obstructing.
* Colten Davis, of Vienna, was arrested on Dec. 14 for possession of a controlled substance.
* Kisha Drain, 30, of Parkersburg was arrested on Dec. 15 on a warrant for domestic battery.
* Kenneth Bay, of Parkersburg, was arrested on Dec. 15 for obstructing.
* Christopher Lutz, of Parkersburg, was arrested on Dec. 15 for possession with intent.
* On Dec. 13, officers responded to Park Avenue for a larceny.
* On Dec. 13, officers responded to Pike Street for a stolen vehicle.
* On Dec. 13, officers responded to Mount Vernon Circle for a vehicle entry.
* On Dec. 14, officers responded to Dollar General on DuPont Road for a shoplifting.
* On Dec. 15, officers responded to Camden Avenue for a destruction of property.
* On Dec. 15, officers responded to 27th Street for a destruction of property.
* On Dec. 13-Dec. 15, officers responded to eight motor vehicle accidents.
VIENNA – The Vienna Police Department released the following reports on Dec. 17:
* Eric P. Townsend of Parkersburg was arrested for shoplifting second-offense, trespassing, possession of meth and heroin.
* John C. Miner of Vienna was arrested for disorderly conduct and obstructing an officer.
* Joseph S. Antill of Marietta was arrested for fail to appear.
* Dakota S. Acores of St. Marys was arrested for possession of controlled substance and shoplifting second-offense.
* Jennifer L. Litton of Parkersburg was cited for shoplifting.
* Zachary T. Ivey of Parkersburg was cited for shoplifting.
* Andrea L. Sees of Parkersburg was cited for second-offense shoplifting.
* Gabrielle M. Butler of Marietta was cited for shoplifting.
* Samantha J. Somers of Marietta was cited for shoplifting.
* Zachary D. Pierpoint of Paden City was arrested for obstructing.
* Bobbie S. Davis of Parkersburg was cited for shoplifting and possession.
* William B. Friend of Parkersburg was arrested on warrants.