ATHENS — Athens County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports on Dec. 23.
* Deputies were called to Baker Road in Athens for a theft report. The caller advised that his wife had taken his truck and other property from the residence. The caller was advised this would be a civil matter and that nothing criminal had taken place.
* Deputies spoke with a man seeking assistance in retrieving his children from his wife’s new residence. Deputies instructed the man to first try speaking with his wife and seeing if she would just let him have the children for the night before taking law enforcement to her house. The man said he would try to call back if any additional assistance was needed.
* Deputies were dispatched to N. Plains Road in reference to a property damage complaint. Contact was made with caller who indicated that she was inside the residence and without any warning her window shattered. The caller reported having no idea who might be responsible or any idea who might want to scare her or damage her property. The area was patrolled and there were no individuals observed in the area who might be identified as a possible suspect or linked to this incident.
* Deputies took a walk in report of a harassment issue on Facebook messenger. Deputies documented the messages that were sent for possible future reference. The complainant was advised to block and or unfriend the subject to avoid further contact.
* Deputies were dispatched to the Albany Cafe for a report of a breaking and entering that occurred.
* Deputies responded to Hollister for a report of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. The caller stated that his brother had been staying with him and offered to work on his truck. The caller left the residence and returned to find both his truck and brother missing. A report was filed and a BOLO was put out for the tan 1991 Chevrolet Cheyenne pickup truck. The incident will be under further review pending contact with the brother for questioning.
* Deputies responded to Chauncey for a breaking and entering. The caller reported that sometime overnight, someone had kicked in the door to a building he used for storage and had taken multiple items. The incident is under further investigation pending full inventory of stolen items.
* Perry County deputies responded to a call for service and came into contact with a male subject, who had an active Athens County warrant. The male subject was arrested and a deputy from the Athens County Sheriff’s Office met with Perry County to take custody of a male prisoner. The male subject was transported to SEORJ without incident.
* Deputies responded to Kimberly Road regarding an incident that occurred at a residence on Diamond Brick Road just outside the City of Nelsonville. The complainant indicated that he was assisting a female friend to move her belongings from the place where she and her boyfriend currently resided, to another location. While at the residence preparing to move property, the boyfriend, who apparently had no knowledge this was happening, returned home. Words were exchanged by the complainant and the boyfriend, and ultimately the matter quickly turned into a physical fight. Things continued to escalate as the complainant’s vehicle was damaged during this incident. Deputies are investigating this matter and are attempting to locate and contact other parties who were present when this event occurred.
* Deputes responded to a residence on State Route 550 in Athens for a report of theft of tools from an abandoned house that was being remodeled. The tools that were stolen were used to set up plumbing in a residence. If anyone has information regarding this theft, call the Athens County Sheriff’s Office non-emergency number at 740-593-6633.
* Deputies responded to the Dollar General in The Plains for a report of a possible intoxicated person. Deputies arrived and met with the possible suspect who was not driving a vehicle at the time. Deputies determined the person was unfit to operate a vehicle, and obtained a sober person to take control of the vehicle and the person.
* Deputies responded to North Plains Road for a well being check. Deputies arrived on scene along with a family member who could not reach their elderly family member. Deputies attempted contact with the resident and no movement could be heard or observed inside the residence. Deputies then, at the request of the family member, entered the residence and located the elderly person who had fallen. Athens County EMS then responded and transported the person to a hospital.
* Deputies were dispatched to Carbondale Road regarding a male who stated that he had been assaulted but did not wish to complete a statement. The male requested to go to O’Bleness. Deputies then transported the male to the hospital.
* Deputies made contact with Christopher Gwilym at a residence in Jacksonville in reference to an active arrest warrant. Gwilym was arrested without incident and transported to the Regional Jail.
* The Criminal Interdiction Unit conducted a traffic stop on Columbus Road for a vehicle defect. Upon making contact with the driver, consent to search the vehicle was gained. Upon search, suspected narcotics were located. These items were collected and charges for felony possession of a controlled substance are pending.
* The Criminal Interdiction Unit conducted a traffic stop on North Plains Road in The Plains. K9 Bora was deployed and indicated to the odor of narcotics coming from the vehicle. Upon searching the vehicle, numerous items of contraband were located to include a digital scale and suspected methamphetamine. These items were seized as evidence. The driver was issued citations and charges will be requested on two passengers pending positive lab results.