On the Record
PARKERSBURG — Wood County Magistrate Court heard the following cases Nov. 26.
* Daniel DeWitt, 37, 2989 Dutch Ridge Road, Apartment 1, Parkersburg, was dismissed on a charge of battery after being found not competent to stand trial by Wood County Circuit Court.
* Zachary Barnett, 33, 865 Dodd Run Road, Marietta, was arraigned on a charge of obstructing an officer and was being held at the North Central Regional Jail on a $3,000 surety bond.
* Bobby Anderson, 60, 98 Barker Lane, Parkersburg, was arraigned on a charge of transferring and/or receiving a stolen vehicle and was being held at the North Central Regional Jail on a $5,000 surety bond.
* Amber Cooper, 28, 93 South Fourth St., Parkersburg, was arraigned on charges of transferring and/or receiving stolen property and was released on a $500 surety bond.
* Shannon Spence, 46, 534 Fifth St., Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to a charge of possession of a controlled substance without a prescription; as part of a plea agreement, Spence was dismissed on a charge of obstruction. She was sentenced to one year probation and assessed $170.25 in court costs and fines.
* Sioe Hadi, 69, 9536 Hunt Club Trail, Warren, pleaded guilty to approaching authorized emergency vehicles and was assessed $180.25 in court costs and fines.
* Marcel Canty, 41, 2008 1/2 20th St., Parkersburg, was arraigned on a breaking and entering charge and was being held at the North Central Regional Jail on a $35,000 surety bond.
* Joshua Gibson, 36, 1130 24th St., Parkersburg, waived his preliminary hearing on a charge of gross neglect of a child creating substantial risk of death or serious injury. Gibson was arrested after having been left in charge of three individuals ages 6 and under and leaving marijuana, methamphetamine and heroin in reach of the juveniles, officials said.
PARKERSBURG — Wood County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports on Nov. 26.
* A deputy responded to a vehicle crash at Robert Byrd Highway NB I-77 Entrance ramp. Both vehicles were towed, no injuries were reported and Nicholas Cody Wilcox, 26, of Fairview Avenue, was arrested on charges of driving suspended or revoked.
* A traffic stop was conducted on the vehicle on I-77 South near the 163 mile marker in reference to a speeding violation. A K-9 was requested for a free air sniff around the vehicle giving an indication. James Brandon Hardesty, 29, of Peter Fork St. Hwy. 1056, McCarr, Kentucky, was arrested on charges of possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance.
* Deputies were dispatched to Forrest Way in reference to a burglary in progress at which time the property owner was holding the suspect at gunpoint. The suspect had entered an outbuilding on the property and had taken food from a freezer inside the detached garage. Clyde Michael Willis III, 22, of Forest Way, was arrested on charges of burglary. He was confined to the Holding Center with bond being set at $15,000.
* A deputy responded to the Holiday Inn located on Nicholette Road in reference to a larceny from a vehicle. The complainant reported that he parked his company box truck on the Holiday Inn lot where he observed the rear roll up door opened. He stated several items were missing including a DeWalt drill, Craftsman socket set Pipe wrenches and several screwdrivers. Investigation is ongoing at this time.
* Phillip Edward Butler, 36, was arrested on charges of possession with intent to deliver controlled substance, battery of officer, obstructing officer and a warrant for shoplifting issued out of Vienna Police Department.
* Gabrielle Marie Butler, 25, was arrested on a warrant for shoplifting.
* A deputy responded to Winding Road in reference to an illegal burn. Upon arrival Eastwood Volunteer Fire Department was already on scene where a large amount of leaves and other brush were on fire with no one around the fire. The deputy was able to finally reach the homeowner who advised he had started the fire; however he thought it was out prior to him leaving the area. A citation was issued to Brandon Craig McIntire, 23, of Valley Mills Road, for unattended fire.
* A citation was issued to Mario Antonio Mason, 45, of Meadowview Drive, for driving on suspended or revoked.
* A deputy responded to I-77 milemarker 170 in reference to a single vehicle accident. The driver advised that he had struck a deer. No injuries were reported and minimal/moderate damage was done to the passenger side bumper.
* A deputy responded to the I-77 Mini Storage located on Mill Run Road in reference to a storage unit being broken into. The complainant reported that his unit had been entered and several items had been taken, including a television, vacuum cleaner and other items. At this time investigation is ongoing.
* Tiffany Anne McInyre, 30, of Broughton Avenue, Marietta, was issued a citation for driving on suspended or revoked.
* Herbert Eugene Myles, 30, of Ashton Road, Columbus, was arrested on a capias for obstructing officer and fleeing from officer.
* Lori Jay Malone, 49, of 29th Street, was arrested on a Family Court capias as well as charges for driving on suspended, no insurance and improper registration.
* A deputy responded to Kohl’s Department Store in reference to a shoplifter. Katie Danielle Cline, 31, of State Route 7 Southgate Trailer Park, Marietta, was arrested on a felony embezzlement charge, a worthless check warrant and current charges of shoplifting second offense. She was processed and placed pending her arraignment.
MARIETTA — Washington County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports and charges on Nov. 25.
* On Saturday, a deputy was advised of a protection order violation that occurred at 314 Fifth St., Lowell. Taylor Carpenter reported she has been receiving text messages from random numbers that she believed were from from her ex-boyfriend, Ryan Watson. Carpenter currently has a protection order against Watson, which was confirmed. On Sunday, a deputy responded to 1350 State Route 821, Marietta, and met with Watson, who stated he had tried last week to contact Carpenter about his belongings at the home, knowing this was a violation of the protection order.
When advised he would be arrested, Watson entered his home and attempted to shut the door behind him. The deputy followed him to a bedroom of the house where Watson shut the bedroom door between them. The deputy entered the room and attempted to take control of Watson. Watson refused to put his hands behind his back and would not move his hands or arms. The deputy attempted to deploy the Taser, at which time Watson stood up, and ran from the kitchen into another room of the home. As they struggled, Watson struck the deputy with a closed fist. Watson was eventually handcuffed with the assistance of other deputies. Ryan Scott Watson, 29, of 1350 State Route 821, Marietta, was charged with resisting arrest, obstructing official business, assault of a peace officer and violating a protection order.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
* Jason Joe Haught, 39, of 99 Cherry Hill Lane, Belpre, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Matthew Allen Rooney, 41, of 14350 State Route 555, Cutler, was arrested for domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
* Candace Dawn Jones, 31, of 616 Eighth St., Marietta, was arrested for criminal damaging and no operator’s license, both misdemeanors.
* Joseph Allen Ice, 43, of 1429 Boulevard Drive, Belpre, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs, a misdemeanor.
* Linda Ann Currey, 29, of 2910 Mount Carmel Ridge Road, St. Marys, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs, a misdemeanor.
* Nicole Dena Davis, 35, of 1072 Leith Run Road, New Matamoras, was arrested for loose dog, a misdemeanor.
* Tommy Edward Deel, 46, of 511 Second St., Marietta, was arrested for contempt of court.
* Joshua Lynn Ballard, 30, of 200 Seventh St., Marietta, was arrested for aggravated trafficking in drugs, a felony, drug paraphernalia and possession of drugs, both misdemeanors.
* Alrie Eugene McCloy III, 35, of 2406 Pennsylvania Ave., Parkersburg, was arrested for obstructing official business, fictitious plates, driving under OVI suspension and traffic signal violation, all misdemeanors.
* Ryan Scott Watson, 29, of 1350 State Route 821, Marietta, was arrested for assault of a peace officer, obstructing official business, violating a protection order, all felonies, and resisting arrest, a misdemeanor.
* Brittany Nicole Cottrill, 30, of 1043 Gantsville Road, Little Hocking, was arrested for domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
* Willie Hays Nash III, 39, of 202 South Buffalo St., Cadiz, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Clinton Dallas Hornbeck, 43, of 1607 Hill St., Belpre, was arrested for improper handling of a firearm, trafficking drugs, receiving stolen property, all felonies, illegal use or possession of drug paraphernalia and two counts of drug possession, all misdemeanors.
MARIETTA — Washington County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports and charges on Nov. 26.
* A deputy began an investigation Thursday into a counterfeit $100 bill. This case remains under investigation.
* On Friday, a deputy filed for a warrant on Douglas Perry Christopher, 50, unknown address, on a charge of failing to provide a change of address to the sheriff or his designee as ordered by law, a second-degree felony. In 2010, Christopher was sentenced in the State of Ohio and ordered to register as a Tier 3 sex offender. Christopher is to register his address within three days of a change. On Thursday, a check was done at the last known residence of Christopher. This residence in Belpre appeared to be vacant.
* On Thursday, a deputy was patrolling U.S. 50 in Belpre Township when a vehicle was observed traveling at an extremely low rate of speed in the right lane, stopping with the rear of the vehicle in the lane of travel. The deputy stopped to make contact and check on the driver. The driver, Danielle Dalton, allegedly said, “I’m drunk, go ahead and arrest me.” An odor of an alcoholic beverage was detected about the person, breath and vehicle of Dalton. Dalton refused to perform the field sobriety tests. Danielle Ann Dalton, 27, of 7056 Wood Road, Albany, was placed under arrest for OVI second, non-compliance license suspension and two lighted lights violation.
* Deputies were dispatched to 1043 Gantsville Road, Little Hocking, on Sunday for a report of Joshua Cantley striking Brittany Cottrill in the face. Contact was made with Cantley who stated he was asleep and woke to Cottrill screaming at him. Cantley stated Cottrill then got on his back and put her hands on his face at which time he thought she was going to scratch his eyes out. It was reported that Cottrill fights with Cantley all the time and that Cottrill’s violence would escalate. Brittany Nicole Cottrill, 30, was placed under arrest and charged with domestic violence.
* A deputy was advised of an assault that had occurred at the Washington County Jail, 101 Westview Ave., Marietta, on Sunday. Christopher Ledger was assaulted by Larry Haught after a verbal altercation over carrots. After conducting an investigation into the matter, a charge of assault was filed on Larry Dale Haught Jr., 39, of 565 Dodd Run Road, Marietta.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
* Braden Douglas Lowe, 23, of 364 Indian Run Road, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Olivia Jane Kaptis, 42, of 113 Wildwood Drive, Parkersburg, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Shaun Allen Griffin, 35, of 116 Harmar St., Marietta, was arrested for parole violation, a felony.
* Joshua Don Martin, 39, of 433 ¢ Fourth St., Marietta, was arrested for breach of recognizance, a felony.
* Charus Leon Bennett, Jr., 29, of 1455 East Branch Road, Lowell, was arrested for felonious assault, a felony, menacing by stalking, domestic violence, criminal damaging and unlawful restraint, all misdemeanors.
* Latasha Dawn Johnson, 26, of 37301 Fifth Ave., Sardis, was arrested for driving under suspension, and speed, a misdemeanor.