On the Record
PARKERSBURG — The following cases appeared in Wood County Magistrate Court on Nov. 4:
* Shayla Renee Barler, 23, 7641 Pike St., Parkersburg, posted $2,500 bond and was released on charges of receiving and transferring stolen property and fraudulent use of a credit card. She was accused of pawning a stolen handgun on Nov. 14, 2018.
* Dale Patrick Wright, 20, 924 Swann St., Parkersburg, posted $1,000 personal recognizance bond on a charge of shoplifting.
* Lorrie Ann Dailey, 26, 4321 Sayer Ave., Parkersburg, posted $1,500 PR bond on a charge of driving under the influence.
* Josie Elizabeth Grogg, 32, 3205 Emerson Ave., Parkersburg, posted $1,000 PR bond on a charge of transferring stolen property. She was cited on Nov. 3 during a traffic stop on Dudley Avenue where officers discovered a stolen license plate on her car.
* Cody Adam Ball, 25, last known address as 1513 Staunton Ave., Parkersburg, posted $1,500 PR bond on citations for destruction of property and trespassing.
* Justin Ryan White, 33, 1105 19th St., Parkersburg, was cited on Nov. 1 for possession of methamphetamine after a traffic stop on Dudley Avenue of a car of which he was a passenger. Upon stopping, White and the driver of the car, James Morgan Stuart, both attempted to run away. White was arrested after he entered a store where he was videotaped by security cameras throwing a bag into a corner of the store. Police found bags of suspected methamphetamine on him and in the bag, which also contained scales, a cell phone from which officers found a message from the driver said he was looking for a “G.” White was placed in the regional jail on $25,000 bond. Stuart was cited for fleeing with reckless disregard and transferring and receiving stolen property, a car taken in Belpre. He was placed in the regional jail in lieu of $25,000 bond.
* Terry Lee Ringer, 54, 901 38th St., Parkersburg, was released on $7,500 bond on charges of uttering a check on another person’s account.
* Alan K. Philpott, 28, homeless or 917 Lynn St., Parkersburg, was released after posting $1,500 bond on charges of battery, assault and obstructing.
* Anita Marie True, 18, 3618 Packard St., Parkersburg, was released after posting $1,000 PR bond on a charge of destruction of property.
* Michael James Goodwin, 48, 710 Grandview St., Parkersburg, was released after posting $2,000 bond on charges of driving on a revoked license, no insurance and improper registration.
* Kyle Roger Johnson, 33, 432 New England Ridge Road, Parkersburg, was released on $1,000 bond on a citation of fleeing on foot after a car wreck in the 3400 block of Murdoch Avenue on Nov. 3.
* Christopher Thomas Burke, 43, 800 Elder St., Parkersburg, was placed in the regional jail on $25,000 bond on a charge of wanton endangerment. He was accused of threatening and pointing a gun at a woman on Nov. 1.
* Jeremy Gale Davis, 37, 413 Eighth St., Parkersburg, was arraigned on two trespassing counts and released on $1,000 bond.
* Basil Tabah Gayos, 41, 23410 Riverview Drive, Southfield, Mich., pleaded guilty to driving while impaired, was sentenced to time served and was assessed $345.25 in fines and court costs.
* Lawrence Lamont Combs, 49, 125 Latrobe St., Parkersburg, waived a preliminary hearing and had his case bound over to Wood County Circuit Court on two counts of possession with intent to deliver controlled substances.
* Scott Feathers, 64, 4630 Victoria Road, Charleston, waived a preliminary hearing and had his case bound over to circuit court on a charge of prohibited person in possession of a firearm.
* Eric Daniel Whitlatch, 50, 413 Eighth St., Parkersburg, was arraigned on charges of obstructing and possession of a controlled substance and bond was set at $4,000.
PARKERSBURG –The Wood County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports Nov. 4:
* From Oct. 29-Nov. 3, the Wood County Sheriff’s Office answered 390 calls including: 22 traffic stops, 29 area checks, 11 warrant services, 36 complaints by phone or in person, 15 intrusion alarms, 19 report follow-up, eight assist motorists, six mental hygiene and 35 motor vehicle accidents.
* On Oct. 29, a deputy responded to the area of Williams Highway for a breaking and entering that had already occurred. The complainant was reviewing what all was missing and the investigation is ongoing.
* On Oct. 30, a deputy met with a complainant and took a report of a burglary and a forgery/uttering which had occurred one to two weeks prior. Information was obtained and the investigation is ongoing.
* On Oct. 30, Robert Sutton, of 24th Street, Vienna, was cited for no insurance and driving on a suspended license after a deputy responded to a vehicle accident on Interstate 77 at the 174 mile marker.
* On Oct. 31, a deputy responded for a breaking and entering of a vehicle where a number of saws were stolen. Information is being compiled and the investigation is ongoing.
* On Oct. 31, as a result of a traffic stop Austin C. Smith, 24, of Parkersburg, was arrested for transferring/receiving stolen property and Kierra Lynn Bays was cited for no insurance and possession of a controlled substance.
* On Nov. 1, a deputy responded to Stonegate Drive in Washington, W.Va., for a report of a vehicle breaking and entering. Information was obtained.
* On Nov. 1, a deputy responded to Williamstown and met with a complainant in regards to an accident/leaving the scene which had occurred on Emerson Avenue. Information of the suspect vehicle was obtained and is being investigated.
* On Nov. 1, deputies responded to the area of Shiloh Road where they located and recovered a Dodge Dakota which had been reported stolen to Parkersburg PD.
* On Nov. 1, a deputy responded to the Mini Giant and recovered a counterfeit bill a subject had tried to pass. Video surveillance was being obtained and the suspect was being identified.
* On Nov. 1, deputies responded to Willard Road after the homeowner observed via their home security system, unknown subjects removing items from her porch. A suspect vehicle was located and at the subjects are being identified.
* On Nov. 1, Mark Webb, of Parkersburg, was cited for driving on suspended, no insurance and improper registration.
* On Nov. 1, Justin Collins, of Walker, was cited for a stop sign violation and possession of a controlled substance.
* On Nov. 2, Terry Lee Ringer was served a warrant for uttering after he came to Wood County Magistrate Court inquiring as to why a deputy was at his residence earlier in the day.
* On Nov. 3, Tammy Thomas was cited for no insurance and expired registration.
MARIETTA — The Washington County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports Nov. 4:
* On Oct. 28, Sgt. Reeder began an investigation in reference to a theft at a rental home. This case remains under investigation.
* On Oct. 29, Deputies Hall and Zide responded to Salem Township in reference to a possible domestic situation. Upon investigating the incident the adult was charged with domestic violence. A juvenile at the location was taken to the Juvenile Center also charged with domestic violence.
* On Oct. 30, Sgt. McGilton began an investigation into two separate incidents involving a dog biting an individual in the county and one inside the City of Marietta. These cases remain under investigation.
* On Nov. 1, a dog belonging to Shelby Carpenter became loose from 2345 Pleasant Ridge Road, Marietta. Carpenter’s dog went onto a neighbor’s property and killed one of their chickens. In September 2019 the dog was loose and was transported to the Humane Society and had to be reclaimed by Carpenter. A summons will be requested for Shelby E. Carpenter, 26, for failure to restrain.
* On Nov. 1, Deputy Hall began an investigation involving a stolen four-wheeler in Dunham Township. The four-wheeler is described as a 1996 Yamaha. This case remains under investigation.
* On Nov. 1, Deputy H. Tornes began an investigation into identity fraud. This case remains under investigation.
* On Nov. 1, Lt. Gherke and Sgt. Parks responded to 1220 East Branch Road, Lowell, to a possible domestic incident. Deputies spoke with Larry Joy. Larry stated Lisa, his wife, came home upset and screaming at everyone. Lisa had also threatened to strike him with a baseball bat. Lisa admitted to saying she was going to strike him with a bat because he had assaulted her several years ago. Lisa Marie Joy, 44, Lowell, was placed under arrest for domestic violence and transported to the Washington County Jail.
* On Nov. 2, Sgt. Parks took a missing person report regarding a juvenile leaving home and not coming back. The juvenile eventually returned home. This case will be turned over to the Juvenile Probation Department.
* On Nov. 2, Sgt. Parks met with Terry Dickinson, Lowell, in reference to a vehicle, Ford Explorer, taken from the property. This case remains under investigation.
* On Nov. 2, Deputy Schwendeman was on patrol near Bramblewood Heights when he observed a vehicle parked at a rest area. Upon checking on the occupants, the driver of the vehicle, Blane Dunlap, was found to have an odor of marijuana about his person and coming from the vehicle. Dunlap admitted to having marijuana and surrendered the cigar and baggie to Deputy Schwendeman. A citation was issued to Blane Alexander Dunlap, 23, 806 Young Street, Caldwell, for possession of a controlled substance.
* On Nov. 3, Deputy Schwendeman responded to 2569 Warren Chapel Road, Fleming, to a report of Deborah Lauer being assaulted by her live-in boyfriend, Wesley J. Huddleston. Lauer stated that Huddleston arrived home around 2:30 a.m. intoxicated, at which point a verbal altercation took place outside. Lauer stated that he broke a window out of her car, then grabbed her by the neck and threw her on the ground, dragging her across the driveway. Huddleston admitted to breaking the window but denied any physical altercation took place. Wesley Joseph Huddleston, 32, was placed under arrest for domestic violence and transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
The following subjects were processed into the Washington County Jail between Friday and Monday:
* Robin Louise Scott, 36, 5 Wharton Drive, Parkersburg, probation violation and possessing drug abuse instruments, both misdemeanors.
* Carl Ray Sprout, 36, 5 Wharton Drive, Parkersburg, possession of drugs, a felony.
* Stephen Matthew Snider, 39, 801 Talbot Street, Belpre, three counts gross sexual imposition, all felonies.
* Chase Dominick West, 24, 701 Camden Avenue, Parkersburg, probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Corey James Dugan, 23, 4570 Laurel Ridge Road, Lowell, probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Lisa Marie Joy, 44, Lowell, domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
* Justin Michael Grahame, 27, 13310 State Route 550, Fleming, disorderly conduct, two counts, criminal damaging and probation violation, all misdemeanors.
* Wesley Joseph Huddleston, 32, Marietta, domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
* Robert Jonathan Huffman, 38, 797 Channel Lane, Marietta, criminal trespassing, four counts, all misdemeanors.
* Jessica Lynn Stevens, 723 Eighth Street, Marietta, criminal trespass and illegal use or possession of drug paraphernalia, all misdemeanors.
* Joshua Aaron Ewers, 30, 32926 Evans Ridge Road, New Matamoras, nonsupport of dependents, probation violation, two counts, all misdemeanors.
WILLIAMSTOWN — The Williamstown Police Department released the following reports Nov. 4:
* Tabitha Collins, 32, Big Springs, W.Va., was cited for speeding, 41 mph in a 25 mph zone, on Highland Avenue.
* Jason Lott, 39, Charleston, was cited for speeding, 51 mph in a 35 mph zone, and no motor vehicle inspection on West Third Street.
* Krystal Smith, 36, Waverly, was cited for failure to obtain operators license on Highland Avenue.
* Melissa Holdren, 47, Williamstown, was cited for speeding, 38 mph in a 25 mph zone, on West Eighth Street.
* Olivia Taylor, 22, St. Marys, was cited for a red light violation at Highland Avenue-West Third Street.
* Callie Rader, 46, Walker, was cited for speeding, 40 mph in a 25 mph zone, on Highland Avenue.
* Autumn Baker, 29, Belpre, was arrested on warrants for driving on a suspended license and speed after failing to appear on citations. Baker was arraigned at Wood County Magistrate Court and released on bond.
* Sarah Snow. 29, Marietta, was cited for texting while driving on West Third Street.
* Lorrie Ann Dailey, 26, Parkersburg, was arrested for driving under the influence following a traffic stop near the West Virginia Welcome Center. Dailey reportedly failed field sobriety tests and was taken into custody. Dailey’s blood-alcohol content later tested at 0.133. Dailey was placed in the Department of Corrections and later arraigned at Wood County Magistrate Court and released on a $1,500 personal recognizance bond.
* Andrew McGuffey, 21, Williamstown, was cited for driving on a suspended license and speeding, 62 mph in a 45 mph zone, on W.Va. 14.
* Yves Kasende, 23, Marietta, was cited for speeding, 60 mph in a 45 mph zone, on W.Va. 14.
* Officers responded to an unwanted person call in the 400 block of Dodge Avenue. A male subject involved agreed to leave the residence.
* Officers responded to a call of an unattended vehicle on the railroad tracks at Second Street/Dodge Avenue. Officers were unable to locate the driver and the vehicle was towed from the scene.