ATHENS — Athens County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports Nov. 25:
* The Criminal Interdiction Unit conducted a traffic stop on Converse Street in Chauncey for a moving violation. Deputies found the driver had a suspended license. Consent to search the driver’s person yielded suspected cocaine abuse instruments. These items were seized and are being sent to a lab for testing. Additional charges are expected pending lab results.
* The Criminal Interdiction Unit made contact with a male at the Chauncey Marathon. Deputies learned the subject had an active warrant for his arrest. Upon deputies taking the male into custody, suspected heroin was located. The male was transported to the SEORJ and further charges are expected.
* The Criminal Interdiction Unit conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle in The Plains. Two types of narcotics were located in the vehicle after a consent search was conducted. James Barr, 36, of Albany was charged with two counts of possession of controlled substances.
* Deputies were called to Clinton Street in The Plains for a suspicious person. The caller advised that while she was out walking her dog, a male was following and then stood outside her house when she went inside. Deputies patrolled the area with negative contact.
* Deputies were dispatched to Steinmeyer Road referencing a broken fence. The complainant advised she noticed a broken board on her fence and believes her neighbor may have something to do with it, due to recent ongoing events involving him.
* Deputies responded to Ohio 690 for a report of a traffic incident. The complainant stated she had been bumped by another vehicle driven by her husband. She went to a nearby residence to call for help. At the time of the incident there were no other witnesses to the event nor enough evidence for a charge. The complainant was urged to seek a protection order to assist in further civil problems.
* Deputies spoke with a caller about being harassed via text by her husband’s ex-wife. Deputies had negative contact when they tried to reach the ex-wife, who lived out of state. The original caller was referred to proper civil channels and agencies for assistance with the out-of state-issue.
* A walk-in report regarding the unauthorized use of a motor vehicle was taken. The complainant reported her vehicle was being driven by another person and it wasn’t given back at her request. She also stated there were some issues with the title and registration. Deputies went to the suspect’s residence and located the vehicle. The vehicle was returned to the owner without incident.
* Deputies responded to East Main Street in Jacksonville for a report of a breaking and entering. This case remains under investigation.
* Deputies responded to May Avenue in Chauncey for a report of breaking and entering of a garage with multiple items taken. This case remains under investigation.
* Deputies responded to North Clinton Street in The Plains for a burglary report. The complainant stated multiple screens were taken out of their windows and a tablet was stolen. The tablet was later found at a family member’s residence and they confessed to stealing the tablet. That subject was charged with burglary.
* Deputies responded to Thelma Road for an unresponsive woman in a car. Deputies were advised by EMS the incident was a medical issue. No criminal activity was suspected.
* An Elm Street resident of Millfield reported they have been receiving harassing phone calls and text messages from an individual for the past eight months. A report was taken, and deputies attempted to contact the number the harassment was coming from and were not able to make contact.
* Deputies were dispatched to a Mill Street residence in Chauncey for a report of a breaking and entering.
* Deputies responded to Salem Road in Athens for a report of an abandoned vehicle. Deputies tagged the vehicle for removal.
* Deputies responded to Valero in The Plains for a report of a subject that had been in the restroom for approximately 45 minutes. Deputies made contact with the male and determined he met the criteria for a mental health evaluation. Deputies transported the male to O’Bleness Hospital.
* Deputies responded to Bean Hollow Road for a dispute. The caller advised he was in an altercation with his in-laws. On scene, deputies were advised all parties had already separated for the evening. Property was retrieved by an involved party, and he was referred to civil court channels for any additional requests.
* Deputies responded to Mill Street in Chauncey regarding a property criminal damaging complaint. This incident is under investigation.
* Deputies were called to South Eighth Street in Jacksonville for a male with an active warrant. The caller advised Craig Shirkey, 27, of Jacksonville, was inside his residence. The caller allowed deputies to enter the house to locate and apprehend Shirkey. The subject was transported to SEORJ without further incident.
* Deputies took a breaking and entering report from the Trimble Car Wash. A maintenance worker reported he observed the door was wide open when no one was there. The case is under investigation.
* Deputies responded to Sweat Road in Amesville for a report of a breaking and entering. The complainant stated that someone had broken into his cabin and stolen multiple items. This case remains under investigation.
* Units responded to Logan Police to pick up a male having active Athens County warrants. Jeremiah Stufflebeam, 38, of Logan, was transported to SEORJ without incident.
* Deputies were dispatched to Jacksonville for a report of a subject having mental health issues. Upon arrival, the subject stated he believed he would benefit from seeing medical professionals for problems he was having. The male was then transported to O’Bleness Hospital for treatment.
* Deputies were dispatched to an Allison Road residence in reference to a protection order violation. Upon speaking with the complainant, she stated that contact had been attempted with her through a text message from the subject of the protection order. This matter is under investigation.
* Deputies received a report of a developmentally disabled person that had left their residence and was lost. The person in question had called a case worker and advised they were near a road but unclear where. With the help of the case worker, deputies were able to locate the person a short time later. They were taken back to their residence with no injury.
* Deputies were dispatched to Lexington Avenue in Chauncey in reference to a report of theft from a vehicle. Deputies spoke with the complainant who reported sometime over the weekend her book bag was taken from the back seat of her car.
* While on patrol of Hooper Ridge in Glouster, a deputy located several sheep and chickens loose in the roadway. The deputy was able to herd the animals back into the proper pasture without issue.
* Deputies responded to Setty Road in Albany in reference to a stolen lawnmower. The property owner advised the last time they saw the mower was about a week ago.
* Deputies received a report of a theft from a residence on Ohio 550. The complainant reported a PlayStation console was missing from their residence. The matter is under investigation.
* Deputies responded to an apartment complex on Lottridge Road in Guysville in reference to a neighbor dispute. Deputies spoke with the complainant who advised a neighbor was screaming at several local children. The complainant also shared that they confronted the neighbor about yelling at the children and the neighbor attempted to slap them. Deputies attempted to contact the neighbor but had negative contact.