On the Record
PARKERSBURG — Wood County Magistrate Court heard the following cases on July 16.
* Tiffany McCune, 26, 506 29th St., Vienna, was arraigned on the charges of expired registration, no insurance and driving while suspended, a fourth offense. She was released on a $1,000 surety bond.
* Daniel Facemyer, 19, 1016 Cornwall St., Parkersburg, was arraigned on the charges of petty larceny, destruction of property and trespassing; he was released on a $1,500 surety bond.
* Timothy Burch, 37, 413 Eighth St., Parkersburg, was arraigned on a charge of breaking and entering of an automobile and was released on a $500 personal recognizance bond.
* Hunter Williams, 23, 318 Washington St., St. Marys, pleased no contest to driving too fast for road conditions; as part of a plea agreement he was dismissed on a charge of no proof of insurance; he was assessed $210.25 in court costs and fines.
* Brandon Cumpston, 30, 800 34th St., Vienna, pleaded guilty to a charge of shoplifting; he was assessed $220.25 in court costs and fines and ordered to pay $2,047 in restitution and a civil penalty of $4,094 to the victim.
* Carrie Allen, 31, 814 Race St., Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to a charge of driving while suspended, DUI; as part of a plea agreement she was dismissed on a charge of no insurance. She was assessed $615.50 in court costs and fines.
* Brian Hupp, 42, 4005 Sayre Ave., Number 5, Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to a charge of petty larceny and was sentenced to 30 days of unsupervised probation and was assessed $170.25 in court costs and fines.
* Gary Berentz, 31, 104 Riley Drive, Apartment 8, Marietta, pleaded guilty to a charge of trespassing and was assessed $270.25 in court costs and fines.
ATHENS — Athens County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports July 16.
* Deputies responded to Seminary Street in Coolville in reference to the complaint of a protection order violation. This matter is under investigation and criminal charges will be filed.
* A report of a possible theft by deception was taken at the sheriff’s office. The complainant stated she paid a male in Columbus $6,000 to move her mobile trailer and he had not done so yet. She stated he told her that he had been shot on July 3 but was not returning her calls or text messages. Deputies contacted the male and he advised he had been released from the hospital and was going to have the mobile home moved by Wednesday. He was advised if the mobile home was still there on Thursday, he would be charged with theft by deception.
* A report of a breaking and entering was received from a Beech Road resident. The complainant stated two males were stealing a hot water tank from a vacant residence. While en route to the location, deputies spotted the vehicle traveling on State Route 682 in The Plains with the hot water tank in the trunk of the vehicle. Deputies performed a traffic stop of the vehicle and contacted the two males who confessed to taking the hot water tank, claiming they were allowed. Deputies made contact with homeowner who stated she did not give permission for anyone to take the hot water tank. Deputies were given consent to search the vehicle, finding illegal narcotics. Felony charges are expected.
* Deputies patrolled Houston Road in Little Hocking in response to a complaint of excessive speeding.
* A report of an individual threatening to slice the caller’s tires was received from an East First Street resident in The Plains. The complainant wished to have a record of the incident, and for deputies to speak to the opposite party.
* Deputies were called to the Marathon Gas Station in Guysville for a report of a shoplifter. The employees advised that a male came in and stole two bottles of alcohol. The male attempted to run off and one employee chased him. The male did get away with one bottle of alcohol and the case is still under investigation.
PARKERSBURG — The Parkersburg Police Department released the following reports July 15:
* On July 15, the Parkersburg Police Department responded to 112 calls for service.
* Deangelo Wilkins, 29, of Akron, Ohio, was arrested July 15 for Fugitive from Justice.
* Ashley Watkins, 27, of Parkersburg, was arrested July 15 for Fugitive from Justice.
* Faith Chichester, 31, of Parkersburg, was arrested July 15 on a warrant for expired operators license.
* Russell Hinzman, 35, of Parkersburg, was arrested July 15 on a warrant for shoplifting.
* On July 15, officers responded to Blizzard Drive in reference to a breaking and entering.
* On July 15, officers responded to Walmart in reference to shoplifting that already occurred.
* On July 15, officers responded to Mother Earth Foods on 19th Street in reference to shoplifting that already occurred.
* On July 15, officers responded to two motor vehicle accidents.
PARKERSBURG — The following divorce petitions were filed in the office of the Wood County Circuit Clerk between June 17-28:
* Cecelia Lynn Hawkins v. Joseph Wayne Hawkins
* Zachary Alan McGonagle v. Linzee Nicole McGonagle
* Denea Underwood v. Jacob Gibson
* Kelly Ann Wilkinson v. Chandis Kye Wilkinson II
* Mark Malone v. Patricia Malone
* David Lee Hall v. Anita Louise Rose
* Cynthia Gail Freeman v. Robert William Freeman
* Kayla Rachelle Burgy v. John Edward Burgy Jr.
* Rosalie Jayne Smith v. Jonathan Wayne Smith
* Cheyenne McKay Powers v. Jacob Lawrence Powers
* Lisa Ann Honaker v. Tim Honaker