Washington County Grand Jury indicts Belpre man for sex offenses
MARIETTA — A Belpre man was indicted this week by the Washington County Grand Jury on 15 charges, including rape and pandering sexually-oriented material involving a minor.
Milford Crawford Eagle III, 27, of 1207 Wyatt Lane, Belpre, was indicted on six counts of first-degree felony rape charges, six counts of second-degree felony pandering sexually-oriented material charges, and three counts of fourth-degree felony pandering sexually-oriented material involving a minor or impaired person.
Under the felony criminal complaint filed with the Marietta Municipal Court, also known as Rule 4, the victim is identified as a male juvenile born June 30, 2021.
The dates of the offenses on the indictment range from Dec. 1, 2021, through Feb. 24.
Washington County Assistant Prosecutor Kelsey Riffle said the date ranges are because they aren’t sure of the exact dates. At least two of them would have been with the victim under a year old, based on his date of birth.
Eagle’s alleged crimes came to the attention of law enforcement through a tip to the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force. Riffle said the group monitors internet sites for noticeable child pornography or explicit material.
“A different county was identified, but were able to link (the call) to a snapchat account that led them to Mr. Eagle,” she said.
The original Rule 4 complaint only listed one count of rape, based on what was uncovered through a quick search of Eagle’s cell phone, she said.
Through the investigation, including a more thorough analysis of the cell phone, additional charges came to light based on images and videos recovered.
The second-degree charges are related to creating the images or videos. The fourth-degree charges are possessing, like internet searches of things he had on his phone, Riffle said.
She wasn’t aware of anything else on his record like this, she said.
Riffle added the photos and images were “enough for us to indict him on rape and based on what we saw, were able to determine they were separate incidents.”
Eagle was arrested June 20 and was arraigned the next day. He remains in jail on $50,000 bond.
Other indictments include:
* Robert W. Ellison, 42, of 987 Barth Road, Belpre, was indicted on one count of assault, a first-degree misdemeanor. The indictment notes Ellison reportedly caused physical harm to James Whealdon in September 2020 at Ellison’s residence.
* Ashlee Nicole Haught, 30, of 101 Theis Ave. Lot 6, Marietta, was indicted on one count of aggravated possession of drugs and possession of a fentanyl-related compound, both fifth-degree felonies. She was allegedly found with methamphetamine and the fentanyl-compound on Feb. 13 at 1000 Pike St., Marietta.
In a separate case, Haught and Donavon Michael Boley, 25, of 2850 Milltown Road, Reno, were reportedly found on Feb. 26 at 842 Pike St., Marietta, with methamphetamine, a third-degree felony.
* Melissa Beagle, 40, of 101 Evans St., New Matamoras, was indicted on one count of failure to appear as required by recognizance, a fourth-degree felony. She was reportedly to appear in Washington County Common Pleas Court on June 1.
* Codey D. Maze, 29, of 279 Maze Road, Belpre, was indicted on one count of tampering with evidence, a third-degree felony; one count of theft from a person in a protected class and one count of breaking and entering, both fifth-degree felonies. He reportedly broke into the Lawnsdale Bar, 2355 Briggs Hill Road, from Dec. 22 -24. He also allegedly stole a security camera from the property.
* James D. Rhodes, 46, of 519 Ingram Road, Newport, was indicted on one count of aggravated possession of drugs, a fifth-degree felony. He was allegedly found Oct. 23 at Brandt Drive and Morningside Drive, Marietta Township, with methamphetamine.
* Brittanie Anne Lynn, 34, of 26810 State Route 7, Marietta, was indicted on one count of identity fraud, a fifth-degree felony, and six counts of telecommunications harassment, all first-degree misdemeanors. Lynn reportedly held herself out to be Hollee R. Merrell and harassed a person on Dec. 3 at 26810 State Route 7, Marietta, and/or 601 Barclay St., Belpre.
* John Lloyd Mace, 40, homeless, was indicted on one count of grand theft of a motor vehicle, a fourth-degree felony. He allegedly stole a 1998 Honda Accord from 820 Belrock Ave., Belpre, in June.
* Richard Deane Bailey, 66, of 630 Pearl St., Marietta, was indicted on one count of obstructing justice, a fifth-degree felony. In June, he allegedly assisted another who was a fugitive from justice. The indictment notes the crime committed or alleged to have been committed by the person aided was assault-strangulation, a felony.
* Heather L. Wagner, 47, of 809 Gilman Ave., Marietta, and Christopher A. Straight, 36, of 221 S. Sixth St., Marietta, were each indicted on one count of aggravated possession of drugs, a third-degree felony, and one count of possession of a fentanyl-related compound, a fourth-degree felony. They reportedly were found with methamphetamine and the fentanyl compound in March at 202 Cherry Tree Lane, Marietta. Subject to forfeiture are a J-22 Handgun and $1,461 in cash.
* Benjamin Ryan Knight, 44, of 102 Bohl Drive, Marietta, was indicted on one count of trafficking in marijuana, a fourth-degree felony, one count of having weapons while under disability, a third-degree felony, and one count of possession of a fentanyl-related compound. He allegedly attempted to sell marijuana in the vicinity of a school, 102 Ellsworth Ave., Marietta, in August 2019. In November 2020, he was reportedly found at the same address with a Smith and Wesson 40 caliber handgun and two empty magazines and the fentanyl compound. Subject to forfeiture are the gun and $300 in cash.
* Tiffany A. Wilkes, 36, of 97 Youngs Way, Parkersburg, was indicted on one count of aggravated possession of drugs and possession of a fentanyl-related compound, both fifth-degree felonies. She was allegedly found in March in the 800 block of Belrock Avenue with methamphetamine and the fentanyl compound.
* Demetrius Benjamin Marberry, 41, of Belpre, was indicted on one count of domestic violence, a fifth-degree felony, and one count of criminal damaging or endangering, a second-degree misdemeanor. He allegedly caused harm to a pregnant family member and her cell phone in June.
* Cora Sue Baker, 52, of 5520 Pounds Road, Gloucester, was indicted on one count of aggravated possession of drugs, a fifth-degree felony. She was reportedly found with methamphetamine in April 2021 in Barlow.
Michele Newbanks can be reached at email@example.com.
Possible Prison Terms & Maximum Fines:
* First-degree felony: Three to 11 years; $20,000.
* Second-degree felony: Two to eight years; $15,000.
* Third-degree felony: One to three years; $10,000.
* Third-degree felony involving an act of sex or violence: One to five years; $10,000.
* Fourth-degree felony: Six to 18 months; $5,000.
* Fifth-degree felony: Six months to one year; $2,500.
Source: Washington County Common Pleas Court.