Fire hydrant testing continues in Parkersburg
From staff reports
PARKERSBURG — The Parkersburg Utility Board and Parkersburg Fire Department continue to test hydrants to determine the amount of water that can be accessed during firefighting events.
The following areas will be affected in the week ahead:
• Today — Camden Avenue and Laurel Street, Camden Avenue and Hickory Street, Hickory Street and Fourth Avenue, Kanawha Street and Sixth Avenue, Camden Avenue and Kanawha Street, 3401 Camden Ave.
• Thursday — 3303 Camden Avenue, Camden Avenue and Parmaco Street, Parmaco Street and Fourth Avenue, Camden Avenue and Buckeye Street, Camden Avenue and Shultz Street, Camden Avenue and Hawthorne Street.
• Friday — Pike and Stephens streets, 1219 Pike St., 1117 Pike St., Pike Street and 11th Avenue, Pike and Polk streets, Camden Avenue and Pike Street.
• Monday — Buckeye Street and Sixth Avenue, Schultz Street and Sixth Avenue, Hawthorne and Schultz streets, 2706 Sixth Ave., Hawthorne Street and Sixth Avenue, Pike Street and Sixth Avenue.
• Tuesday — Hawthorne Street and Eighth Avenue, Parmaco Street and Seventh Avenue, Locust Street and Ninth Avenue, 3001 11th Ave., City View Drive at South Reservoir
The testing process may result in discolored water in the distribution system in affected areas. If customers experience discolored water, they are advised to flush their system through a cold water tap at a bathtub or utility sink. If the water does not clear within a few minutes, customers should contact the PUB office at 304-424-8535 during business hours or 304-424-8532 after 4:30 p.m.