Salary ordinance on final reading for Parkersburg City Council meeting
PARKERSBURG — An ordinance to provide a 2 percent pay increase for part-time hourly and civil service non-exempt classifications is on final reading before Parkersburg City Council on Tuesday.
Council meets at 7:30 p.m. in chambers where the Parkersburg Urban Renewal Authority will immediately meet after city council.
The salary ordinance, effective July 1, only effects toll collectors, crossing guards and seasonal employees, and firefighters and police officers, except the chiefs.
Also on the agenda:
* On final reading, an ordinance authorizing the finance director to conduct an online auction through govdeals.com.
* On first reading, an ordinance to rezone 21-25 Foxhill Addition, adjacent to Johnson Janes Park, from R-2 to Recreation. The property was donated by Candace Jones.
* On first reading, an ordinance to abandon an unimproved section of 17th Avenue adjacent to 1500 South Hills Drive.
* A resolution to amend the grievance procedure for the Fire Department (pending approval of the personnel committee on Monday.)
* A resolution for the approval of the state auditor for pm budget revisions.
* A resolution to add a second homeless outreach coordinator for the Police Department.
The agenda of the Urban Renewal Authority includes: the donation of properties at 1229 Swann St. (Masil Casto applicant), 803 Virginia Ave. (Joseph L. Conley applicant) and 1004 George St. (Gary Painter-Living Stone Inc. applicant); an application to purchase property at 1502 Avery St. (Seth Cressey applicant); and a resolution to acquire, demolish or rehabilitate 1613 Fairfax St. through eminent domain to eliminate slum and blight.