Fairmont State University plans spring ceremonies
FAIRMONT — Fairmont State University will hold spring commencement ceremonies April 23, 24 and 25 in the Feaster Center.
Ceremonies have been approved in consultation with the Marion County Health Department to assure safe environments for all graduates, faculty, staff and university guests.
“As we have done throughout the pandemic, the university is relying on guidance from health experts to make our assessments about these types of events,” Matt Swain, Fairmont State chief of police and director of emergency management, said.
Graduates will receive two guest tickets allowing family to attend the ceremony. Graduates who have not submitted an RSVP to attend a ceremony will not receive guest passes. No exceptions will be made to the guest policy. Graduating students will receive notification when guest tickets are available for pickup on campus.
Ceremonies will be livestreamed for each college or school.
The schedule is:
* Special Student Athlete Ceremony, 6 p.m.
* School of Nursing, Commencement and Pinning Ceremony, 9 a.m.
* School of Education, Health & Human Performance and Regents Bachelor of Arts, noon.
* College of Science and Technology, 3 p.m.
* College of Liberal Arts, noon.
* School of Business and Aviation, 3 p.m.