Barchett receives Stars and Stripes Award
NORTH HILLS — Morgan Barchett, 18, of North Hills has received the Stars and Stripes Award, the highest recognition American Heritage Girls offers to girl members.
She has completed a number of requirements to achieve this honor, including:
* Earning 16 Merit Badges
* Held a leadership position in her troop for a minimum of six months.
* Planning, developing and providing leadership to others in a service project.
* Writing a Life Ambition/ Spiritual Walk Essay and resume.
* Receiving at least 3 Letters of Reference.
* Passing a Board of Review.
Barchett served the Washington County Bullseye 4H Shooting Sports club by building a 3D archery range at Camp Hervida in Washington County.
A member of the Grand Central Church of Christ’s AHG Troop WV 1412, Barchett is the first girl from the troop and the 628th girl nationally to earn the Stars and Stripes Award.
Barchett is a member of Grand Central Church of Christ. In addition to American Heritage Girls, she is active in 4H shooting sports, the Big Reds Archery club, and BSA Troop 20. She is a 2020 graduate of Parkersburg High School and the daughter of Larry and Dawn Barchett of North Hills.
American Heritage Girls, is a national organization for young women ages 5-18, that embraces Christian values and encourages family involvement.