Wood County Schools announces meal sites
PARKERSBURG — Wood County Schools will have 15 feeding sites Tuesday when it reopens its student meals program.
Volunteers will be distributing boxes containing five days of meals at locations throughout the county. Students must be present for meals to be provided. The distribution will occur from 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Superintendent Will Hosaflook said the change in locations is an attempt to reach students in more rural locations and areas of higher need.
The locations are:
* Fairplains Elementary: 615 Broadway Ave., Parkersburg.
* Franklin Elementary: 1511 Division St., Parkersburg.
* Jefferson Elementary: 1103 Plum St., Parkersburg.
* Lubeck Elementary: 206 Lubeck Rd., Parkersburg.
* Madison Elementary: 1426 32nd St., Parkersburg.
* McKinley Elementary: 1130 19th St., Parkersburg.
* Mineral Wells Elementary: 1776 Elizabeth Pike, Mineral Wells.
* Waverly Elementary: 422 Virginia Ave., Waverly.
* Old South Kmart Parking Lot: 1050 Division St., Parkersburg.
* Rural King Parking Lot: 180 Park Center Dr., Parkersburg.
Wood County Schools also will be distributing meals at the following bus locations:
* Pond Creek Fire Dept. Substation: Rural Route 1, Rockport.
* Family Carpet: 2328 Williams Hwy (Route 14), Boaz.
* OVU Snyder Activity Center: 5013 Briscoe Rd., Parkersburg.
* BDI — Bearing Distributors: 211 S. Meadville Rd., Davisville.
* Former Humphrey School: WV 68, Belleville.
Meal distribution sites will be set up outside of those locations and no one will be allowed in the schools or on the buses. To minimize contact between people, sites require the student/parent to exit the vehicle and pick up a box. A walk-up section will be provided for those who do not have a vehicle.
Officials may change locations based upon usage and need. For updates, visit www.woodcountyschoolswv.com.
Contact Michael Erb at email@example.com.