Explosive arrest among Wood County arraignments
PARKERSBURG — The arrest of a man with a homemade explosive device highlighted the weekend hearings in Wood County Magistrate Court.
On Saturday, Justin Andrew Beardsley, 31, of 800 7th St., Apt. 1, was pulled over near 16th and Lynn streets for having his rear window covered in black tape, police said. Officers from the Parkersburg Police Department called in K9 units which allegedly confirmed the presence of drugs in the vehicle. After a search, officers allegedly found 10 grams of methamphetamine in various locations throughout the car. Also found in Beardsley’s backpack a set of digital scales were found with suspected methamphetamine and small bags alleged to be used for distribution.
Several weapons were alleged to be found in the car to include a loaded .22-caliber handgun on the floorboard of the vehicle and a sawed off shotgun in a banjo guitar case. Also found was a hand grenade with the core removed and replaced with gun powder, metal beads and metal wire. Authorities allege the fuse was still intact.
Beardsley is being held on a $35,000 cash bond.
In other magistrate court cases:
* Jacob Matthew Gibson, 23, of 14 Hemlock St., Elizabeth, faced the misdemeanor charge of driving on suspended license for the third time. He was released on a $500 bond.
* Deidra M. Hines, 45, whose last known address was 303 39th St.,Vienna, appeared on two felony counts of fraudulent use of access device. She is being held on a $5,000 bond.
* Aliyah Necole Jenkins, 22, of 647 Wood St., Apt. 2, appeared on a misdemeanor count of shoplifting. She was released on a $100 personal recognizance bond.
* Keyshawn Darnelle Myles Gates, 18, of 1233 Laffer Ave., Akron, Ohio, appeared on a felony count of possession with intent to deliver fentanyl. He is being held on a $15,000 cash bond.
* Haley Ashton Jett, 27, of 171 Millbranch Road, appeared on a felony charge of possession with intent to deliver fentanyl. She is being held on a $15,000 cash bond.
* Ricky Allen Lockhart, 45, of 22 Short St., appeared for a felony charge of prohibited possession of a firearm. He is being held on a $25,000 cash bond.
* Brittany Lee-Nicole Bell, 28, and Corey Levi Morrison, both of 1000 Kemper St., Apt. 11, appeared on two felony counts. The pair were charged with possession with intent to wit of both heroin and methamphetamine. They are both being held on a $40,000 cash bond.
* James Rodney Walters Jr., 36, of 2 Hy View Drive, Washington, was charged by the magistrate for a felony charge of possession with intent of methamphetamine. He is being held on a $15,000 cash bond.
* Jessica Dawn judge, 34, of 39 Shiloh Road, was charged with the felonies of possession of a stolen vehicle and receiving stolen goods. She is currently being held on a $25,000 bond.
* Stephanie Renee Carpenter, 28, of 409 B 13th St., appeared for the misdemeanor charge of embezzlement. She was released on a $1,000 recognizance bond.
* Christopher Chevalier, 30, of 700 Barclay St., Lot, 9, Belpre, was charged by the magistrate for the misdemeanor offense of domestic battery. He was released on a $500 personal recognizance bond.
* Robert Edward Lester, 37, of 1703 Spring St. appeared for the misdemeanor charge of violating a protective order. He was released on a $500 personal recognizance bond.
* Destiny Summer Jenkins, 19, of 1592 Washington St., Charleston, was charged with the misdemeanor counts of intentional possession of a controlled substance without a prescription and possession of a controlled substance. She is being held on a $1,000 bond.
* Kerry Darious Riffle, 33, of 4181 Rocky Fork Rd., Orlando, W.Va., was charged with the misdemeanor counts of prohibited person with a firearm, petit larceny and intentional possession of a controlled substance without a prescription. He is being held on a $3,500 bond.
* Charles Ray Mackey, 37, of 35 Westview Way, appeared for destruction of property and domestic battery. He was released on a $1,500 bond for the two misdemeanors.
* Susan B. Hendricks, 46, of 1112 27th St., Vienna, was charged with multiple misdemeanor counts of public intoxication, disorderly conduct, obstructing and failure to render information. She was released on a $1,000 bond.
* Wesley Gene Campbell, 29, of 4013 Selina Drive, appeared on two misdemeanor counts of entering without breaking in a non-dwelling. He is being held on a $2,000 bond.
* Candice Dawn Knapp, 32, of 2608 Avery St., was released on a $500 personal recognizance bond after being charged with the misdemeanor of joyriding.
* Joseph Mcelwee, 37, Route One Box 956 Murphytown Road, Davisville, appeared on the charges of improper registration and no insurance. He was released on a $500 personal recognizance bond.
* Stefin Pappas, 47, Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to the charges of battery, domestic battery and escape. As part of a plea agreement, he was dismissed on the charges of obstruction; breathing, inhaling or drinking certain intoxicating compounds and possession of a controlled substance, methamphetamine. He was sentenced to seven months at the North Central Regional Jail and assessed $505.75 in court costs and fines.
* Barbara Ketterman, 39, 1812 Spring St., waived her preliminary hearing on a charge of manufacturing, delivering or possession with the intent to deliver of manufacture, methamphetamine. This case has been bound over to the Wood County Circuit Court for grand jury consideration.
* Edwin Roberts, 60, 413 Eighth St., Parkersburg waived his preliminary hearing on a charge of failure to register, and his case has been bound over to the Wood County Circuit Court for grand jury consideration.
BELPRE — Belpre Police Department released the following reports on June 3:
* On May 28, Linda S Alloway, 68, Belpre, was cited for speed, 42 mph in a 25 mph zone.
* On May 28, Frank W Baker Jr., 31, Washington, was cited for failure to yield for a stopped emergency vehicle.
* On May 28, Randy J. Church, 50, Parkersburg, was cited for driving under suspension, driving with expired operator license and having an expired registration.
* On May 30, Zachary S. Irick, 25, Belpre, was cited for possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
* On May 31, Bradley A. Holbert, 43, Vienna, was cited for having an expired registration.
* On May 31, Colton D. Sampson, 20, Lowell, was arrested for operating a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol/drug abuse.
* On May 31, Timothy D. Dotson, 64, Parkersburg, was cited for having an expired registration.
* On June 1, Timothy W. Hill, 41, Zanesville, was arrested and transported to Washington County Jail on a warrant from Zanesville Municipal Court.
* On June 1, Chance W. Ross, 18, Belpre, was cited for speed, 45 mph in a 25 mph zone.
* On June 2, Curtis A. Atkinson, 57, Belpre, was cited for disorderly conduct and dog running at large.