×

Fire destroys Belpre home, kills two dogs

BELPRE — No people were injured, but two dogs were lost in a house fire at 162 Second Lane, Belpre, Tuesday afternoon, Little Hocking Fire Chief Mike Chevalier said.

“The home was fully engulfed when we arrived,” he said. Renters lived in the house.

It took crews, who arrived on scene at noon, until 5 p.m. to extinguish the fire, Chevalier said.

The investigation shows the fire, which started in the kitchen, was most likely cooking related, said Chevalier.

Crews from the Little Hocking, Belpre and Dunham Township volunteer fire departments responded to the scene along with EMS.

The home was destroyed in the fire.

COMMENTS