Parkersburg crews respond to fire at home

PARKERSBURG — Parkersburg Fire Department responded to an accidental fire at 1801 36th St. at 5:24 p.m. Friday.

The fire started after homeowner David Spicer was burning brush near the house and an ember went into the siding causing a fire inside the wall, said Fire Chief Jason Matthews.

Matthews said there was an estimated $5,000 in damage.

“There was a little bit of charing to the two-by-fours inside the wall, but it did not reach the attic,” said Matthews.

“The fire was extinguished within five minutes,” said Matthews.

Parkersburg Fire Department, Parkersburg Police Department and Saint Joseph’s Ambulance Service responded to the scene.