YMCA Fitness in the Park classes return Monday
PARKERSBURG — The YMCA of Parkersburg Fitness in the Park free outdoor fitness classes will return to this year at parks and pools at Southwood, City Park and North Hills pools.
Classes start on Monday and will be offered Monday through Thursday at each of the pools.
The schedule is:
* Mondays beginning June 14: Yoga on the Pool Deck with Crystal Leonard, 6:15-7:15 p.m. at City Park Pool.
* Tuesdays beginning June 15: Aqua Zumba with Vicki McGraw, 6:15-7:15 p.m. at Southwood Pool.
* Wednesdays beginning June 16: Aqua Bootcamp with Vicki McGraw, 6:15-7:15 p.m. at Southwood Pool.
* Thursdays beginning June 17: Aqua Zumba with Alex White, 6:15-7:15 p.m. at City Park Pool.
* Thursdays beginning June 17: Aqua Zumba with Vicki McGraw, 6:00-7:00 p.m. at North Hills Pool.
Fitness classes are free for members and non-members of the Y. It is suggested participants arrive 15 minutes early to the class of their choice.
“I love that the Y is able to offer free classes to the community in hopes that people can see fitness can be fun,” said Crystal Leonard, YMCA of Parkersburg health and fitness coordinator. “We have several great instructors who are enthusiastic about the classes and giving back to the community.”
In the future, the YMCA plans to expand Fitness in the Park to add more classes to the lineup.
For more information about Fitness in the Park or additional fitness classes, call 304-485-5585, go to www.parkersburgymca.org.