Belpre park ready for Music by the River Summer Concert Series
BELPRE — The GFWC Belpre Woman’s Club’s Music by the River Summer Concert Series will begin 7:30 p.m. June 1 at Civitan Park on Blennerhassett Avenue at the bandstand.
Opening the Summer Concert Series is Henrie Lane, a three-piece acoustic act consisting of Don Staats, Preston (P.T.) Dabbs and Rusty Westmoreland. Henrie Lane is a side project for the three musicians who play fulltime in other bands.
They got together to play music that they’d always wanted to play, but didn’t fit the styles of their bands. Their repertoire includes The Beatles, Alabama, Seals and Crofts, Todd Rundgren and The Monkees, among others.
The Summer Concert Series runs through Aug. 31. Performances are 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays at the bandstand, which was built by the Woman’s Club and dedicated in 1989.
In the event of inclement weather, the decision to cancel will be made by approximately 5:30 pm and will be posted on the Belpre Woman’s Club and Belpre Then and Now Facebook pages and on a banner at the bandstand.
Water will be provided by Lambert-Tatman Funeral Home. Please bring a lawn chair.
The schedule is:
* June 1: Henrie Lane (acoustic variety)
* June 8: Britain (variety)
* June 15: Randy and the Renegades (rock and roll)
* June 22: Sherry Braid as Patsy Cline (country)
* June 29: The Carriers (gospel)
* July 6: The Pottmeyers (variety)
* July 13: Band of Brothers (variety)
* July 20: Track 9 (variety)
* July 27: Generation Gap (blues and jazz)
* Aug. 3: Jim Forshey as Elvis Presley
* Aug. 10: St. Marys Community Band
* Aug. 17: Jake Binegar (country)
* Aug. 24: Amanda and Chad Stevens and Jesse DeBarr (variety)
* Aug. 31: Tall Grass and Belpre High School Band