Man dead, woman hospitalized after touching power line
AKRON, Ohio (AP) — Authorities say one man was killed and a woman seriously injured after they were electrocuted while trimming trees in Ohio.
The Akron Fire Department says the pair were working for a private contractor in Akron Tuesday afternoon when the 38-year-old man made contact with a high-voltage power line. The man died, and the 46-year-old woman was thrown from the lift bucket.
The woman has been hospitalized, and the extent of her injuries has not been released.
A spokesman for FirstEnergy says the company temporarily cut power so the man’s body could be removed from the bucket.
The man’s death is still under investigation.