Eddy heads South candidates
PARKERSBURG – Former Parkersburg High School defensive coordinator Mike Eddy heads a field of seven applicants for the vacant Parkersburg South football job.
Eddy, a graduate of Tyler County High School who has been serving as the head football coach at Gallia Academy, is in line for an elementary school teaching position in Wood County, paving the way for him to become the successor to retiring South coach Jon Bolen.
Others who are seeking the position include:
* Bud Boyles, a Parkersburg High School graduate who has been coaching football at several Texas high schools over the past two decades.
Boyles expressed a desire to return to his hometown.
* Rick Dobson, a Wood County schoolteacher who serves as the head cross country coach at Ohio Valley University.
Dobson has been around local athletics for years, including coaching several successful youth programs.
* Dan Fiedorczyk, the only member of the current South football staff to apply.
Fiedorczyk, who previously coached at Calhoun County High School, joined the South football staff this past season.
* Dave Foggin, a teacher at Parkersburg South whose coaching experience includes serving as the girls basketball coach at Blennerhassett Middle School.
* Dalton Memel, a former Parkersburg South all-state football player who went on to play at Kent State University.
Memel has expressed an interest in bringing back members of former head coach Mike DeVol’s staff.
* Mike Rusk, who serves as the head football coach at Edison Middle School.
Applications closed on Friday, Jan. 18.
South officials have not conducted formal interviews.