Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Facebook | Twitter | All Access E-Edition | Home RSS
 
 
 
Latest Post:
Started By:
Rank:
Category
4 days ago.
by mythravere
harryanderson
#1

Thankfully, the anti-science propaganda campaign surrounding man-made climate change seems to have lost some of its effect.

Are you seeing storm clouds on the horizon? Two recent studies suggest that the latest anti-science campaign is following its forerunners--the propaganda campaigns attempting to refute science that tobacco causes cancer, that CFC's caused the hole in the ozone layer, and so on—into oblivion. Global warming denial seems to have climbed to a peak in 2010, and global warming acceptance is now climbing. This bodes well for rational public policy.

 
 

Member Comments

mythravere

Oh I forgot to mention something.

What evidence has been put forth by the skeptics that has been proven to be right?

Posted 205 days ago.

mythravere

You see its not about the facts but about resisting any and all positions their political opponents take.

Posted 205 days ago.

mythravere

But to be honest I think there has been a shift from large energy companies (mainly oil producers in my opinion) who take that position. They are more accepting of the facts surrounding climate change.

But what's happened is that the doubt they have sown has taken hold in certain political circles that have an extreme tendency of once a position is taken on a subject they maintain that position regardless of the facts.

That'd be the group you call home tiredofit.

Posted 205 days ago.

mythravere

Well you know there is this thing called physical evidence that the scientists have the points to them being right.

The skeptics on the other hand have well monied backers who have a vested interest in the world's energy portfolio staying reliant on the energy they provide.

Posted 205 days ago.

Tiredofit

Wonder how much money the Heartland Institute paid him to make a presentation for them?

HMMMMM so you are suggesting Myth that MONEY might skew a persons view of supposed climtate change? But only skeptics right? Thanks for making my point.

Posted 206 days ago.

harryanderson

It’s very cold in the Eastern and Central US, but that’s not representative of anthropogenic climate change.

Elsewhere…

“Temperatures in parts of Australia are set to reach almost 50C in the coming days, with total fire bans in place in northern regions of South Australia and a week-long heatwave enveloping Queensland.”

w ww.theguardian.co m/weather/2014/jan/02/heatwave-temperatures-climb-towards-50c

50C=122F

But that’s not representative of climate trends, either. In order to make a statement about climate trends, you must have a…

…trend.

Posted 206 days ago.

mythravere

Next easily debunkable point please.

Posted 206 days ago.

mythravere

For the love of all that is holy you are spewing bull crap.

A quick search shows the truth on Mr Evans.

Wonder how much money the Heartland Institute paid him to make a presentation for them?

Posted 206 days ago.

Tiredofit

AMEN brother

Posted 206 days ago.

Tiredofit

Let’s set a few things straight.

The whole idea that carbon dioxide is the main cause of the recent global warming is based on a guess that was proved false by empirical evidence during the 1990s. But the gravy train was too big, with too many jobs, industries, trading profits, political careers, and the possibility of world government and total control riding on the outcome. So rather than admit they were wrong, the governments, and their tame climate scientists, now outrageously maintain the fiction that carbon dioxide is a dangerous pollutant.

Posted 206 days ago.

Tiredofit

former AGW advocate and scientist David Evans has a good article here as well.

The debate about global warming has reached ridiculous proportions and is full of micro-thin half-truths and misunderstandings. I am a scientist who was on the carbon gravy train, understands the evidence, was once an alarmist, but am now a skeptic. Watching this issue unfold has been amusing but, lately, worrying. This issue is tearing society apart, making fools out of our politicians.

Posted 206 days ago.

Tiredofit

Hide the decline

Posted 206 days ago.

Tiredofit

you cannot see what is RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU. rather you depend on those whose very job depends on funding from enviromaxists

Posted 206 days ago.

Tiredofit

CHICAGO — Snow-covered roads, high winds and ice were creating dangerous driving conditions Sunday from the Dakotas to Missouri to Delaware ahead of a "polar vortex" that will bring below-zero — and possibly record-breaking — temperatures not seen in years to much of the nation,

Posted 206 days ago.

Tiredofit

So I guess once again, a swing and a miss.

Posted 206 days ago.

Tiredofit

Try again fraud.

Posted 206 days ago.

Tiredofit

- The 2013 Atlantic storm season has proved one of the quietest in decades with the lowest number of hurricanes since 1982 and none of them considered 'major', according to insurance broker Willis Re.

Posted 206 days ago.

Tiredofit

2013 Update Atlantic Hurricane Season Outlook: Summary

NOAA’s updated 2013 Atlantic Hurricane Season Outlook continues to call for an above-normal season, with the possibility that the season could be very active. The outlook indicates a 70% chance of an above-normal season, a 25% chance of a near-normal season, and only a 5% chance for a below-normal season.

Posted 206 days ago.

harryanderson

Tiredofit has posted another in his long series of untrue statements, “…NOAA predicted a VERY active hurricane season as a result of Climate change.”

The NOAA Atlantic hurricane forecast for 2013, issued in May, didn’t mention climate change as a factor.

“Three climate factors that strongly control Atlantic hurricane activity are expected to come together to produce an active or extremely active 2013 hurricane season. These are:

• A continuation of the atmospheric climate pattern, which includes a strong west African monsoon, that is responsible for the ongoing era of high activity for Atlantic hurricanes that began in 1995; • • Warmer-than-average water temperatures in the tropical Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean Sea; and • El Niño is not expected to develop and suppress hurricane formation.”

ww w.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2013/20130523_hurricaneoutlook_atlantic.html

Posted 206 days ago.

Tiredofit

So despite the fact that NOAA predicted a VERY active hurricane season as a result of Climate change and as it turned out 2013 was amongst the lowest in history for such events, how is weather not climate>>>?????? God you guys are hilarious.

Posted 206 days ago.
 
 
 
 

Post a Comment

You must first login before you can comment.

*Your email address:
*Password:
Remember my email address.
or