Ready to have fun with other MOV Chamber members?
It's time to sign up for our inaugural "Chamber Challenge Cup" and I KNOW we have an event just for you!
1. We will be playing kickball the evenings of Monday, Sept. 15, Wednesday, Sept. 17, and Thursday, Sept. 18, at the Vienna Rec Fields (located in Jackson Park by Rosemar Road.)
2. Next up, a euchre card tournament the evening of Thursday, Sept. 25, at the Parkersburg Art Center.
3. And we wrap up the Challenge Cup with volleyball all day Saturday, Sept. 27, at the PHS Fieldhouse.
* Who can play in these events?
Full and Part-time employees of MOV Chamber members, their spouses and their adult children.
(Wondering if your employer is a member of the Chamber of Commerce of the Mid-Ohio Valley? Simply check out our on-line member directory at www.movchamber.org)
* Do I have to play in all three events?
No, you can pick and choose what events you want to play.
* Are there rules for each event? Are the events co-ed?
Yes and Yes. Rules will be posted on the MOV Chamber website for guidance.
* How's the best way to sign up?
We recommend that you designate a team captain from your company. Using the link on our website, your captain can register employees, spouses and adult children for the various events.
What if we aren't a big company and can't field enough people for a team?
We are happy to pair you with another company/other participants who are also in the same situation. PLEASE don't let this keep you from getting involved - we will work our magic and you will have a fun team combined with other Chamber members! Simply sign up those that you have to play.
* How much does it cost to participate?
There is NO COST for MOV Chamber members in good standing to participate in the Challenge Cup. This is our treat to you for being a member and a way for us to interact in fun activities, that are "relatively" sports-minded and competitive. You may, however, incur your own costs in the event you want to organize team t-shirts or other decorations for the team spirit award (see below). Also note we will have refreshments at the events - there will be a cost for these if you wish to partake.
* What else do I need to know?
Since this is a "competition," points will be awarded for
2. Winning (Top 3 places)
3. Team Spirit
* What's the deadline to get signed up?
As soon as possible, but no later than Friday, Sept. 5.
Our committee will work on the brackets and pairings the week of Sept. 8.
Upcoming Chamber events and activities
Biztec Bits & Bytes Lunch & Learn:
Topic: Wifi Device management for your business
Thursday, August 28
11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Judge Black Annex, 319 Market Street
We've all see the commercials on TV where the "office police" won't let employees in the building with their cell phones and the one where employees have to wait their turn to use the Internet ("Now Serving #17)
Join us to hear from the Biztec team on:
* How to manage your employee and customer wireless usage
* Ways to increase security for your business' wireless internet
* How does the extra wifi usage affect performance and productivity
* Ways your business can improve performance and productivity
Free for Chamber members.
Register on-line at www.movchamber.org
Visit this space every other Sunday for more Chamber news. We also invite you to call us at 304-422-3588, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by the Chamber office at 409 Market St. in Parkersburg.
Jill Parsons, MBA
Chamber of Commerce of the Mid-Ohio Valley
409 1/2 Market Street
Parkersburg, WV 26101
Please LIKE the Chamber of Commerce of the Mid-Ohio Valley
Jill Parsons is the president/CEO of the Chamber of Commerce of the Mid-Ohio Valley.