PARKERSBURG- Five hearings took place in Wood County Circuit Court Tuesday.
* Travis S. McCune, 23, 508 Rose Lynn Ave., Parkersburg, was denied a motion to sever his case from his co-defendant Dale Eugene Logston. They were indicted by the September 2013 grand jury on charges of conspiracy to commit battery, malicious assault and conspiracy to commit malicious assault. McCune was also charged with two counts of attempted burglary and one count of battery.
* Melissa Layne Ayers, 23, 146 Chateau Hills, Parkersburg, was sentenced after his guilty plea to a charge of accessory after the fact to breaking and entering as charged in a bill of information. Judge Jeffrey Reed sentenced her to one year in the regional jail with credit for three days served, suspended for three years probation.
* Roger Dale Logston, 40, 912 Virginia Ave., Parkersburg, did not appear for a sentencing, He was indicted by the May 2012 grand jury on two charges of third-offense domestic battery and one count of malicious assault.
* Amanda Karine Flowers, 23, in custody at the North Central Regional Jail, was returned as unfit from the Anthony Center for Youthful Offenders. She was sentenced to the center on May 14, 2013 after she pleaded guilty to a charge of burglary in January. Her sentencing was set for 2 p.m. Aug. 26 before Reed.
* Russell Wade Flinn, 47, in custody at the North Central Regional Jail, denied the allegation in the petition to revoke his home confinement. A hearing on the merits for the case was set for 1:30 p.m. Aug. 26 before Reed.