PARKERSBURG - Members of the Blennerhassett Chapter DAR attended the 108th State Conference of the West Virginia State Society Daughters of the American Revolution at the Waterfront Place Hotel & Conference Center in Morgantown April 19-21.
Attending were Edna Barnes, Christine Brookover, Dina Braniff, Randi Gray, Dani Gray, Charlotte Gray and Linda Harvan. Daniel and Charlotte Gray served as conference pages.
Randi Gray presided over the West Virginia Regents Club's annual breakfast meeting. Edna Barnes presided over the annual Cameo Club meeting and Tea.
From left are Blennerhassett Chapter DAR members Christine Brookover, Linda Harvan, Dina Braniff, Dani Gray, Randi Gray and Edna Barnes.
Christine Brookover submitted the chapter scrapbook she had kept of chapter activities over the past year. Dina Braniff participated in the Saturday evening "Pageant of Treasures" and presented a report on Blennerhassett Chapter.
Blennerhassett Chapter earned the following awards:
* One Hundred Percent Participation in the President General's Project "Preserve the Past, Enhance the Present, Invest in the Future."
* First Place Award for DAR Schools Program
* Volunteer information Specialist: WWW Award Outstanding accomplishments in website implementation
* Chapter Development and Revitalization-Outstanding Activation of Chapter Members
* Second Place, Volunteer Information Specialist: Outreach Award for use of Chapter Web pages in recruiting new members
* Chapter Development and Revitalization-Outstanding Work-Chapters Helping Chapters-Phase II
* Honorable Mention-Americanism
* Janet Lockhart- Chapter Development and Revitalization-Outstanding Genealogy Research
* Catherine Sams- Chapter Development and Revitalization-Outstanding Genealogy Research
* Chris Painter-First Place-Volunteer information Specialist. Hacker Award for use of computer in publication design
* Sandra Wilson-Women's Issues-Special Recognition-Acts of Kindness
* Women's Issues-Outstanding Projects-Second Place
* Commemorative Events-Outstanding Recognition: Revolutionary War Patriots
* Commemorative Events-Outstanding Media Coverage: Revolutionary War Patriots
* Conservation & Environmental Awareness-Honorable Mention-100% Conservation
* Commemorative Events-Honorable Mention -State Report
* Third Place Library Award
* Catherine Sams-Genealogical Records-Indexing
* Chris Painter-Genealogical Records-Indexing
* First Place Blanche L. Reymann State Scholarship
* Outstanding Chapter Programs to Promote DAR Awareness
* Catherine Sams-Significant Volunteer Genealogy Activity-Volunteer Genealogist Award
* Recognition for Meeting Membership Goal-100%
* Honorable Mention-Project Patriot 2012-2013
* Honorable Mention-Project Patriot 2011-2012
* First Place-National Defense
* Third Place-Reaching out in Friendship-Literacy Promotion
* Honorable Mention-American History
* 2013 WVDAR Programs-Honorable Mention
* Honorable Mention-West Virginia Cottage at Tamassee
* Outstanding Promotion of Lineage Research
* Scrap Book Award-Third Place
Edna Barnes of Blennerhassett Chapter was elected to serve as state registrar for 2013-2016.
This conference, Treasures of the Mountains, was the WV State Society's celebration of the West Virginia Sesquicentennial and was the last in the term for State Regent Charla Nutter.
Conference guests included: Ann Hunter, NSDAR Historian General; Sharlene Shoaf, State Regent, Ohio; Deborah Davis, State Regent, Pennsylvania; and Margaret Curtis, State Regent, Mexico.