WILLIAMSTOWN - The millage rates for 2013-2014 were approved on Tuesday by Williamstown City Council.
The rates, the same as the current year, are 12.5 cents per $100 valuation for Class I property, 25 cents per $100 valuation for Class II property and 50 cents per $100 valuation for Class IV property.
In other business:
* Council also approved the 2013 Parkersburg Wood County Home Consortium Plan which details the program priorities and goals in Wood County.
* A contract for $12,800 for the codification of the municipal code was approved with the Walter H. Drain Co.
* Kim Coram spoke to council about establishing a walking and biking trail program in Williamstown.
* City officials will begin flushing water lines on April 29.
* Street crews will begin sweeping streets on May 6.
* Councilman Barbara Lewis announced the city has again been designated a Tree City USA city from the National Arbor Day Foundation. The city will plant a tree at 11 a.m. April 30 on Cherry Avenue.