PARKERSBURG - One of three people charged in the case of concealing a dead body appeared in Wood County Circuit Court Tuesday.
Arthur Allen Thornton, 42, in custody at the North Central Regional Jail, entered a plea agreement to plead guilty to charges from two different indictments from the January grand jury. According to court records, Thornton pleaded guilty to charges of unlawful taking of a vehicle and fraudulent use of an access device.
Thornton also agreed to plead guilty to a charge of conspiracy to conceal a deceased human body. He was indicted along with Victor Lee Thompson, 35, and Crystal Dawn Smith, 38, in relation to the Sept. 20, 2012 death of Brandy Marie Adams, 25. They were indicted on charges of concealment of a deceased human body and conspiracy to commit concealment of a deceased human body.
Adams' body was found in the trunk of her vehicle at a car wash and had been moved from her place of death at 57 Meadowbrook Trailer Park, police said.
Judge Robert Waters set sentencing for 3:30 p.m. June 14.
In other hearings Tuesday:
* Arron Wayne Callihan, 34, 2617 27th St., Parkersburg, appeared for motions. Waters granted a state's motion to continue the hearing and the hearing was reset for 11:30 a.m. April 29. Callihan was indicted by the January 2013 grand jury on a charge of operating or attempting to operate a clandestine drug laboratory.
* David William Mowery, 41, 1702 Beaver St., Parkersburg, entered a plea agreement to plead guilty to a battery, a lesser included offense to a charge of domestic battery. His sentencing was set for 11 a.m. July 8. As part of the plea agreement charges of malicious assault, a second charge of domestic battery and a magistrate court charge of violation of a protective order will be dismissed.
* Travis Eugene Vincent, 27, 42 Wills Drive, Mineral Wells, was granted a continuance of his trial to June 12. A state's motion to revoke his bond was granted after he admitted in part to the allegations in the petition to revoke and he was found to be in violation of the terms and conditions of his bond. A motion for him to apply to the drug court program was denied by Waters. Vincent was indicted on four counts of first-degree sexual assault, seven counts of sexual abuse by a custodian from November 2003 to September 2011 and three counts of first-degree sexual abuse from July 2011 to August 2011.
* Regina Star Smith, 30, 1503 Covert St., Parkersburg, was granted a motion to continue her case to the May 2013 court term by Judge Jeffrey Reed and her trial date was set for July. Smith was indicted by the January 2013 grand jury on three counts of delivery of a controlled substance, cocaine.
* Roger Dale Logston III, 39, 913 Virginia Ave., Parkersburg, was set for a plea and sentencing hearing after a plea agreement was announced. His hearing for a plea and possible sentencing was set before Reed for 10:30 a.m. July 2. Logston was indicted on two counts of third-offense domestic battery and malicious assault.
* James Rodney Walters Jr., 39, in custody at the North Central Regional Jail, admitted to part of the allegation in the petition to revoke his probation. His sentencing was deferred pending disposition of an indictment from the January grand jury charging him with operating or attempting to operate a clandestine drug laboratory and conspiracy to operate or attempt to operate a clandestine drug laboratory.