PARKERSBURG- Six cases were heard Wednesday in Wood County Circuit Court.
* Brian Michael Peters, 28, 2108 Ninth Ave., Parkersburg, entered a plea agreement to plead guilty to battery as charged by the September 2012 grand jury. Peters was sentenced by Judge J.D. Beane to 201 days in the North Central Regional Jail with credit for 201 days served.
* Adam Keith Philpott, 45, in custody at the North Central Regional Jail, appeared for a hearing on a motion to revoke his bond; however, the hearing was continued by Judge Robert Waters on a motion from the defense. Philpott was indicted by the January 2013 grand jury on a charge of welfare fraud.
* James Scott Smearman, 33, 1613 Lawrence St., Parkersburg, entered a plea agreement to plead guilty to a charge of exposure of children to methamphetamine manufacturing. A motion for probation or alternative sentencing was taken under advisement. Waters set sentencing for 2 p.m. June 10. As part of the agreement, a charge of operating or attempting to operate a clandestine drug laboratory was dismissed.
* Jessica Dawn Handshumacher Drake, 25, in custody at the North Central Regional Jail, appeared for a bond reduction hearing. Her motion to reduce her bond from $75,000 to $10,000 was denied by Waters. She was bound over to circuit court on March 29 after she waived a magistrate court preliminary hearing on a charge of possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance.
* Daniel Armando Banales, 33, Parkersburg, did not appear for hearings for an appeal of a magistrate court verdict on a charge of battery and for a bench trial on charges of breaking and entering and petit larceny. Waters granted a state's motion for a capias and a motion to dismiss the appeal and remand it to magistrate court.
* Creighton "CJ" Davis, 25, in custody at the North Central Regional Jail, appeared for a probation revocation. He admitted in part to the allegations in the petition. He was sentenced by Waters to one to 10 years in prison with credit for 292 days served. He was placed on three years probation on May 21, 2012 after he pleaded guilty to a January 2012 grand jury charge of breaking and entering.