PARKERSBURG - Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday will be at West Virginia University at Parkersburg for a discussion focusing on the economy.
The visit is part of Manchin's Common Sense Solutions tour that opens 10 a.m. Monday at a rally of the United Mine Workers of America at the Charleston Civic Center.
At WVU-Parkersburg in the Caperton Center room C105, Manchin will join business leaders and students for a roundtable discussion on financial issues and his recent appointment to the Senate Banking Committee.
"Every time I travel around our great state, I am reminded of a common bond that our residents share - West Virginians have common sense. I look forward to spending the week in West Virginia meeting with our veterans and students, and talking to small business owners, bankers and labor leaders about creating jobs and growing our economy here at home," Manchin said. "I truly look forward to these state work periods where I can tour areas across our state and talk to West Virginians, hear their feedback and discuss their common sense solutions for achieving a stronger, more robust West Virginia and America."
Manchin also will be in Charleston, Athens, Huntington, Point Pleasant and Morgantown.
The tentative itinerary is:
* 10 a.m. Monday, Charleston Civic Center, to speak at the mineworkers rally.
* 1:30 p.m. Monday, Concord University, to speak with faculty, staff and students about veterans' programs and initiatives.
* 4 p.m. Tuesday, Marshall University, to speak to journalism students about serving in the United States Senate.
* 6 p.m. Tuesday, Point Pleasant Junior/Senior High School, Mason County Chamber of Commerce Annual Dinner.
* Noon Wednesday, Edgewood Country Club, where Manchin will speak at the Charleston Area Alliance luncheon.
* 3:30 p.m., WVU-Parkersburg.
* 2:30 p.m. Thursday, MVB Bank, 10 Sterling Drive, Morgantown, to speak at a ribbon cutting for MVB Bank's newest location in Sabraton.
* 4 p.m. Thursday, Monongalia General Hospital, for the grand opening of the Hazel Ruby McQuain Birth Center.