PARKERSBURG - Four men indicted by a special session of the grand jury in connection with a Liberty Street burglary were arraigned Wednesday and Thursday in Wood County Circuit Court.
Brian Scott Hornbeck, 21, Dustin Ray Kinney, 20, Thomas Michael Leroy Underwood, 18, and Casey Gabriel Hornbeck, 22, were set for trial on May 21 before Judge Robert Waters. During their arraignments they all pleaded not guilty to the charges from the special grand jury. They were also granted motions to move their trials to the May court term.
They were indicted on charges of burglary, conspiracy to commit burglary, unlawful entry, conspiracy to commit unlawful entry, grand larceny and conspiracy.
In other hearings Thursday:
* Aaron Matthew Ewing, 33, 539 Larkmead Road, Parkersburg, was sentenced by Judge Robert Waters after his plea of guilty to a charge of third-offense DUI. He was sentenced to one to three years to be served on home confinement. As part of the plea agreement, charges of third-offense DUI and driving on suspended or revoked license for DUI were dismissed.
* Heather Renee Bailey, 25, 1710 Park St., Parkersburg, entered a plea agreement with the state to plead guilty to a charge of delivery of a controlled substance as charged by the January 2013 grand jury. Judge Jeffrey Reed deferred her sentencing pending her acceptance to the drug court. Her bond was reduced from $10,000 to a $5,000 personal recognizance bond.
* Jerry Lee Wigal, 47, in custody at the North Central Regional Jail, appeared for a plea hearing. He was referred to adult probation for a presentencing investigation. He signed a consent form to allow Reed to review the investigation before sentencing and sentencing was set for 3:30 p.m. June 10. He was indicted on charges of first-degree sexual abuse and sexual abuse by a person in a position of trust by the September 2012 grand jury.
In other hearings Wednesday:
* Jeffrey Lewis Els, 30, 1405 Fifth St., Vienna, pleaded guilty to a charge of third-offense DUI. He was sentenced by Waters to one to three years in prison with credit for 287 days served. His sentence is to be served concurrently to a sentence of one to three years imposed by the court on May 31, 2012, for third-offense DUI. The first sentence had a recommendation that he receive intensive substance abuse treatment.
* Casey Douglas Saunders, 22, in custody at the North Central Regional Jail, was arraigned on an indictment from a special session of the grand jury on March 7. He waived reading the indictment and entered a plea of innocent to the charges. His trial was set for May 21 before Waters. He is in custody in lieu of bond. He was indicted on two counts of burglary, and one count each of unlawful entry, grand larceny and destruction of property.
* Elizabeth Dawn Parrish, 25, 175 Lubeck Drive, Apt. 7, Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to a felony bill of information charging her with contributing to the neglect of a child. Reed set sentencing for 9 a.m. June 26. An indictment for child neglect creating risk of injury was dismissed.